3rd Power amps

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Guitarbilly
Site Admin

3rd Power amps

Post by Guitarbilly »

Does anyone here own one or has played one? A friend of mine in LA bought one a few days ago (British Dream, I think) and he's been raving about it. He's a solid player so I trust his opinion but I figured I'd ask here too.

andvari7

Re: 3rd Power amps

Post by andvari7 »

Were these the amps that had the triangular cabinets? I remember those being ridiculous, but I can’t recall if their other products were anything special.

eyeball987

Post by eyeball987 »

Well Satch is using them now. Special design but I bet that model will be available soon.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

andvari7 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 2:26 am Were these the amps that had the triangular cabinets? I remember those being ridiculous, but I can’t recall if their other products were anything special.
I guess that's how they started out but their current line are just regular looking amps.
eyeball987 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 2:41 am Well Satch is using them now. Special design but I bet that model will be available soon.
Ahhhh I didn't know that but that explains a lot lol my buddy is a huge Satch fan.

macaronisalad

Post by macaronisalad »

3rd power is the only company that I consistently hear demos and go "fuck that sounds good".

I would love to check out some of their stuff, but the new stuff is quite expensive, and they move along from designs so quick that the numbers of the ones I would want are pretty low. I always try to keep my eyes open for them.
The artist formerly known as macaronisalad.

broslinger

Post by broslinger »

I saw Satch live playing these.

I thought it was Satch's best tone I've heard.

That said, Vai's Synergy rig sounded noticeably better IMO, but I've always preferred Vai's tone anyways. :rawk:
P O W E R F U L ___ M I D C U T ___ C O N T R O L

SPOTIFY LINK TO CATATONIC DOUCHE ALBUM!!!
https://open.spotify.com/album/0IOhhAhdZfaB7BN74SUHLC

Also iTunes and Apple Music:
https://music.apple.com/us/artist/holid ... 1293369997