Triple Iz-X clip

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Re: Triple Iz-X clip

Post by Guitarbilly »

Nothing wrong at all with your vocals!! Sounds good and it has character!

Endtime

Post by Endtime »

How bout the lyrics. Don’t forget it’s 1994, written by a bunch of high school kids! Haha but still they correalate a bit with recent events.

Water and Bread
Simple Instead
You try so hard not to Try!!

Dawn Warning
Plague Dawning
A will to survive
Invent a fate
Hallucinate
A hate to Dominate!!

Army of Pawns
A life long warned
No you see the coming dawn!

Dawn Warning
Plague Dawning
A will you survive
Invent a fate
Hallucinate
A hate to Dominate

Lose the faith
Force fed Sand
Lick my wounds with burning tongue

Losing Faith
Leaving Land
Lick my blood as it runs Cold!!

Civilized means
Being Tamed
It's names a shame
A right to blame (x2)

Sickness is arising
Quickness is a must
Sickness is arising
Again rising from the dust
Again to come

Against the Armies of Fish
Against the hordes of sheep
We slay in the manner of
man to cut deep
The hidden servants
Can't hide no more
To free the dead once more!!!

Endtime

Post by Endtime »

Guitarbilly wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 6:43 pm Nothing wrong at all with your vocals!! Sounds good and it has character!
Thanks man! I think they are good enough for what this song needed! I’m looking forward to having my buddy, who’s also not a vocalist, but he’s always doing little side things with vox. And I just said, if you want to be a vocalist, let’s do it! Haha. And we’ve gotten some progress. His voice seems to sit well and sound better in recordings than in person so I’m hoping I can mold it into shape.

Or I’ll just continue with em myself. Lol. I can’t really growl.. but like I said I could always do this black metal thing . Which isn’t what I really want in this band, but like here when I layer it with my substandard deep stuff, it seems to come together In a decent way. Cause not that it matters but there’s no pitch shifting or anything, just my cutting 2 vox tracks on top of each other. Standard practice for sure in death metal, but I did it for about 3/4 of the song! Haha. It was the only thing sounding good so I said fuck it there’a no rules that say I can’t double majority of it!

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Yeah man!!! Do it yourself. It will sound different from the regular death metal vocals, which is good!

So many metal bands had guys who "couldn't sing" in the traditional way of their era. From day one. Ozzy. Then, Motorhead, Megadeth, Slayer etc... none of these guys were "good singers" in the traditional mold of their era. Then it became their sound and the rest is history. Fuck the rules!!!

Endtime

Post by Endtime »

Guitarbilly wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:01 pm Yeah man!!! Do it yourself. It will sound different from the regular death metal vocals, which is good!

So many metal bands had guys who "couldn't sing" in the traditional way of their era. From day one. Ozzy. Then, Motorhead, Megadeth, Slayer etc... none of these guys were "good singers" in the traditional mold of their era. Then it became their sound and the rest is history. Fuck the rules!!!
That’s a solid point! The thing is I never really wanted to do it! But I admit everytime I do I have fun!

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Endtime wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:47 pm That’s a solid point! The thing is I never really wanted to do it! But I admit everytime I do I have fun!
Yeah I dealt with the same thing when I was doing that project I was singing on.
At first I didn't really want to sing, but once I started doing it, I found a "sound" I liked with my vocal style and I got into it. I think that's normal when you start doing something that's a bit out of your comfort zone/main instrument. But you may get into it after a while. Or you may still not like it, who knows. But there's only one way to find out! Lol