Preamp Hook Up Question, Because I'm Cheap

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
linthat22

Preamp Hook Up Question, Because I'm Cheap

Post by linthat22 »

I was thinking about running my Rocktron Chameleon into my Quad Cortex to see if I could use the cab sim from the Quad Cortex to capture the sound from the unit.

My question is, do y'all think it'll be possible to run the L & R outs from the Rocktron to input 1 and input 2 of the Quad Cortex to accomplish this? My goal is to not have to buy some sort of extra external device to do this.

broslinger

Re: Preamp Hook Up Question, Because I'm Cheap

Post by broslinger »

If the Quad Cortex will take a line level signal, then sure, I guess?

If the QC prefers instrument level, then run the Chameleon post-gain/output knob VERY low. The Chameleon can put out a fairly hot signal that could damage an instrument level input.

on second thought, the chameleon and QC might get along better using the "Return" jacks as "inputs for a preamp. Just thinking out loud. That would bypass the mic preamps/etc.
P O W E R F U L ___ M I D C U T ___ C O N T R O L

SPOTIFY LINK TO CATATONIC DOUCHE ALBUM!!!
https://open.spotify.com/album/0IOhhAhdZfaB7BN74SUHLC

Also iTunes and Apple Music:
https://music.apple.com/us/artist/holid ... 1293369997

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

I'd use Returns 1 and 2 instead since they are optimized for things like 4CM and will handle the preamp output signal and impedance better.

linthat22

Post by linthat22 »

Thank you gents! I'll have to revisit this thread in a few months since I'm moving all my shit to the basement in order to do house stuff. Once done though, I'll see if I can throw up some clips that don't sound like a can of bees :mrgreen: