NAD!!! Friedman Dirty Shirley Mini.

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Re: NAD!!! Friedman Dirty Shirley Mini.

Post by Guitarbilly »

Chris Z wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:42 pm Running them in stereo would be epic.

i still can't decide which one I would get, JJ JR, JEL20 or Runt 50. Not looking or super heavy gain, but would take boosts for a JCM800 sound.
I had the Runt 50, I used it as my main amp for a little over an year. Great amp but it sounds a lot like the DSL, which is 1/2 the price and twice the wattage..

The new Pink Taco seems really cool too.

Maddnotez

Post by Maddnotez »

Nice dude, you've been getting a lot of stuff it seems.

I played a mini JJ for the first time about a month ago, other than the MT15 it's the only mini amp I've tried. Was definitely cool but I couldn't get it sounding like the video Jer made for NAMM back when they came out.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Maddnotez wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:18 am Nice dude, you've been getting a lot of stuff it seems.

I played a mini JJ for the first time about a month ago, other than the MT15 it's the only mini amp I've tried. Was definitely cool but I couldn't get it sounding like the video Jer made for NAMM back when they came out.
I played the 100w once and couldn't gel with it. The only Friedman I didn't like much. I haven't tried the Jr though

FAKA!

Post by FAKA! »

Guitarbilly wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 9:41 pm
Chris Z wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:23 pm Soooo.....when is the DSL being sold and the Friedman BE coming in? :)
DSL is not getting sold but I may pick up a 40w Dirty Shirley soon :love:
I have a 40w Dirty Shirley and its one of my favorite amps, it sounds so good for anything 60s, 70s and 80s like old Priest n stuff like that. The low gain tones are just killer, and it can nail the first Danzig tones too which is the shit when you are in that mood.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

I just ordered the 40w this morning :lol: it should be here either tomorrow or Wednesday.

Yeah I'm really impressed with the DS tones. Once it gets here I'll A/B it against my 2204.

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

Guitarbilly wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 12:44 pm I just ordered the 40w this morning :lol: it should be here either tomorrow or Wednesday.

Yeah I'm really impressed with the DS tones. Once it gets here I'll A/B it against my 2204.
:eek:
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

eyeball987

Post by eyeball987 »

Chris Z wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:42 pm Running them in stereo would be epic.

i still can't decide which one I would get, JJ JR, JEL20 or Runt 50. Not looking or super heavy gain, but would take boosts for a JCM800 sound.
JEL20 or Runt 50 would be the way to go. The JJ Jr doesn't have the same bite. At least for me, it was too smooth on the top end.

FAKA!

Post by FAKA! »

Guitarbilly wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 12:44 pm I just ordered the 40w this morning :lol: it should be here either tomorrow or Wednesday.

wow... 👀 :lol: