Triple Iz-X clip

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Endtime

Triple Iz-X clip

Post by Endtime »

What in the wat?

Anyway I think I posted this song before. This was literally written 30+ years ago. I started it when i was 15 and took awhile til it was fully completed but that’s how it was back then trying to be great at 15-16! Haha .

I used the XxX here, but no boost. I did use a 6 band up front, but not to boost. Just shave a little low end off. I used to use this amp straight in for years. I actually hated it with a boost. But eventually got it to work, but one thing about the xxx straight in, is it isn’t a super punchy amp, but super saturated. And it has this rich saturation that can kinda get lost when boosting.. I think this clip shows that saturation fairly well.

Again using the 5150 cab , stock speakers, mic is a beta 57. I think I’m gonna go with this tone for this song. I think it really fits well. And while I didn’t get my Ultra 60 with a 5150 cab til I was a senior in high school, that was my first true rig. And this is essentially that! So it’s “period correct!” Haha

https://app.box.com/s/lmzt8l8il8ndmmyvoz3ei16ls19zcif1

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Re: Triple Iz-X clip

Post by Guitarbilly »

So, some of us have been around each other for over a decade and there are some players here that I associate with certain tones.
This is EndTime tone to me lol not that the other clips you posted aren't good, they are, but that's the classic.

Endtime

Post by Endtime »

Guitarbilly wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:21 pm So, some of us have been around each other for over a decade and there are some players here that I associate with certain tones.
This is EndTime tone to me lol not that the other clips you posted aren't good, they are, but that's the classic.
Hah nice. Well, i think that’s prolly accurate. The 5150 combo and this were my main tones forever. And while the combo and xxx aren’t super close, the combo 5150 definitely had more saturation compared to the head. So for me, those 2 amps were inerchangeable. Even tho there was that difference, when I’d record with em, there wasn’t a massive difference. So I can see the “classic” sound, cause essentially this IS it. Lol

Thanks man

RaceU4her

Post by RaceU4her »

Guitarbilly wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:21 pm So, some of us have been around each other for over a decade and there are some players here that I associate with certain tones.

i agree with this assessment

greatmutah

Post by greatmutah »

Yeah that’s classic EndTime tone. And it reminds me why I stil have a soft spot for the Triple XXX. I used to be in a band with another guy who had one and as soon as I hit play on your clip, I immediately thought “yep that’s a Triple XXX.”
More guitars than anyone could need
—————
Metropoulos Metroplex Mk I
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Orange Rockerverb 50 Mk III
Peavey 5150
Fender 1976 Vibrolux Reverb
—————
Marshall 1960A G12M25 Greenbacks
Metropoulos Slant 2x12 G12H75 Creambacks.

FAKA!

Post by FAKA! »

ninjaraf

Post by ninjaraf »

Yeah, sounds killer! Song is cool.
I like 5150s. The rest of you bullshit amps can get fucked.

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

:love:

Great song and the XXX is righteous
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

Endtime

Post by Endtime »

Well thanks dudes. Forgot to check back to this page .

Endtime

Post by Endtime »

And because I literally wrote this 30 years ago l. When I was 16, it was a pretty “big” moment cause I felt, NOW I actually wrote a killer song. So I’m working on a bunch of songs to release soon. Working with a vocalist but as I was doing rough vox for him to hear how it went, I started feeling like, it’s either the original Vocalist, who was practically a damn pro. Recorded some fairly big (big to us, released in Metal Blade records etc) albums , but he’s long since let me down for getting shit done and he just doesn’t really do music anymore it seems. So point was, if it wasn’t him, who we started this “band” back in 1993 when he was an exchange student from Germany, then it’s gonna be me on vocals..

So here’s a completed version with my daily lame buy honest attempt at death metal vocals! Haha. It’s not the first time I’ve stepped behind the mic, but I’m just the high scream guy. Full songs and trying to growl isn’t my strength. But whatver. It’s for me really.

Also I didn’t use the xxx tracks. I ended up using the 5153 el34 on the red channel. Mic’d the Evh speaker that goes with it. Used the Beyerdynamic m201. Just felt a little more death metal to me..

https://app.box.com/s/m2y2yp6mttglduihknnu3ps38bb9eec2