Guitar World/Guitarist article - seriously?

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
DFGrueban

Re: Guitar World/Guitarist article - seriously?

Post by DFGrueban »

macaronisalad wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:41 pm I can't remember if I wrote this thought earlier in the thread, but with the digital stuff, it makes it a lot harder to just go "jam with friends".

When you are first getting started playing music, and the guitar player(s), drummer, bass player are all dragging whatever amp or gear they could scrape enough money together to buy, to blast at each other. Now, kids can have all kinds of tones to come out of headphones or computer, but they are ill equipped to actually make live music with other humans, unless one of the buddies has a PA, which they likely don't.
I mean the Katana is the first thing I think of as a beginner amp or a super crush 100. I'm sure those can hang. I can't comment on how good they will sound but should at least be loud enough to make some noob music. They both sound better than the carvin amp I had for gain sounds.