Mesa Boogie Price Drops

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
spawnofthesith

Mesa Boogie Price Drops

Post by spawnofthesith »

Thank you daddy Gibson

Price cuts on entire product line ranging from $200-500

https://www.sweetwater.com/dealzone/Mesa_Boogie-deals
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Re: Mesa Boogie Price Drops

Post by Guitarbilly »

This is a good trend. Hopefully other manufacturer's will follow it. :)

ninjaraf

Post by ninjaraf »

Not sure if this will be a permanent thing. They recently dropped prices on their smaller amps for a short period, so this could be that. Or it could be the results of that were that they sold more amps, so they're dropping prices across the board. I mean the JP went from $2650 to $4k in like 2 years! That's an insane price hike! Still $3600 is a lot for that amp, I think. I see the Mark VII hasn't dropped in price. Felt like that was a lot, too, but when you look at other companies selling amps for the same price with less than half the feature set, it kinda makes sense. But still...Expensive ass shit lolol.

Look at the small ones. The Mark V25 price dropped $400 to $1600. When I bought mine when they were first released it was like $1200!! $2k for a 25 watt amp is bogus lol.
I like 5150s. The rest of you bullshit amps can get fucked.

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

ninjaraf wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 3:00 pm Not sure if this will be a permanent thing. They recently dropped prices on their smaller amps for a short period, so this could be that. Or it could be the results of that were that they sold more amps, so they're dropping prices across the board. I mean the JP went from $2650 to $4k in like 2 years! That's an insane price hike! Still $3600 is a lot for that amp, I think. I see the Mark VII hasn't dropped in price. Felt like that was a lot, too, but when you look at other companies selling amps for the same price with less than half the feature set, it kinda makes sense. But still...Expensive ass shit lolol.

Look at the small ones. The Mark V25 price dropped $400 to $1600. When I bought mine when they were first released it was like $1200!! $2k for a 25 watt amp is bogus lol.
Based on the rumor mill I've heard these drops are here to stay. That rumor mill was correct in identifying today as the day of the price drop so i feel confident in the source lol

As far as things being too expensive still, sure I agree, but its hardly just mesa guilty and I'll always support price drops :D

ninjaraf

Post by ninjaraf »

Yeah, it's a step in the right direction, for sure! And yeah, it's definitely more than just Mesa, as I alluded to in my post. Just skeptical on whether these will be permanent changes. Companies go where the money is, so if this leads to more sales and overall profits, then I imagine they will stick around. I'd be curious if they had reduced sales due to the price hikes, and if this is might be a response to that.

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

I'm a bottom feeder anyway so mostly care about how these things will push the used market :lol:

I feel like at a certain point some of these gear price hikes over the last couple years must be unsustainable. I'm hoping PRS might follow suit with their core line, then again, they just raised the prices on all the S2 line while simultaneously making it appear as a win for the consumer :lol:

ninjaraf

Post by ninjaraf »

Yeah, hard to say. Without insight on their sales, we have no way to really know. But I think guitars will likely be more insulated from reduced sales due to price increases vs amps.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

I tend to agree that it's not so much of a price drop as it is a price correction from the previous years and there's still a way to go before they are "normal" again.

But it's a step in the right direction and definitely good news.

ninjaraf

Post by ninjaraf »

That's a good way to put it. Price correction.

When the Mark V was released, it was under $2k. Mark VII comes out, almost twice as much lol.

I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT

Post by I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT »

This thread reminded me of this cartoon....
Attachments
Inflation.jpg
Inflation.jpg (58.51 KiB) Viewed 1003 times
Walt said: When the hour is nigh & the lights are low & I got a toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth & my friends want to hear me play Into the Void or TNT or Cemetery Gates I plug my $600 guitar into my $150 amp and I am a Rawk gawd