Incoming New Speakers

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
greatmutah

Incoming New Speakers

Post by greatmutah »

After some debates on some speakers I made an order today. I talked to our resident Jensen fan, Cole, about their speakers because there were a few I was curious about for my Vibrolux. Something that still had some of the American sparkle but could handle a bit more dirt than the Webers I have. I’d also seen some videos online about Jensen’s new Silverbird speakers which is supposed to have a similar voicing to the Blackbird alnico but in a ceramic speaker. Everything I’ve heard of the blackbirds sounds great to begin with. Clean or dirty. I was also interested in the Falcon 10. Cole didn’t have experience with the 10” versions of these but he did have a experience with the 12s including the Silverbird. He gave some impresssions and thoughts and it helped me make my decision. So today I ordered some Jensen Silverbird 10s from Amplified Parts. They should be here next week. I’m really excited to give these speakers a shot and see how they do in my Vibrolux, guitars and pedal setup.
More guitars than anyone could need
—————
Metropoulos Metroplex Mk I
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Orange Rockerverb 50 Mk III
Fender 1976 Vibrolux Reverb
—————
Marshall 1960A G12M25 Greenbacks
Metropoulos Slant 2x12 G12H75 Creambacks.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Re: Incoming New Speakers

Post by Guitarbilly »

I played a Carr amp with a 10" Jensen at Atomic Music the other day and it sounded awesome. I don't remember what the speaker model was but I'll look today if the amp is still there. I think it was a Blackbird though. But it was a great speaker for breakup tones.

greatmutah

Post by greatmutah »

I think some of the newer Jensens get unnecessary hate. When I was playing that Gretsch the other week, I was playing through the Deluxe Reverb last week the C12 in it sounded great. Also noticeably clearer than the Webers in my own amp, even with the bright cap on. Plus I remember Cole being a big fan of Jensen speakers in general. Dude has a 4x12 loaded with Blackbirds he uses with his Riveras for cleans and crunch tones. Figured it would be worth picking his brain and trying them out.
—————
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
—————

greatmutah

Post by greatmutah »

https://www.amplifiedparts.com/products ... -ferrite-8

Here’s the ones I ordered. The clips on that site sound awesome. The breakup one sounds excellent. Check out the crunch and characteristic ones though.

—————
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
—————

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

Nice! Looking forward to your thoughts! I occasionally think about trying something different in my DR
Guitars: PRS/Gibson/Fender
Amps: Mesa Roadster | ENGL Thunder | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 | Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

greatmutah

Post by greatmutah »

Absolutely! They should be here Wednesday so I’ll hopefully get them installed then. Maybe Thursday at the latest.
—————
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
—————

I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT

Post by I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT »

Very cool!!!! Congrats and HNIncomingSpeakerD!!!!!!!!!!!!! :party:
Walt said: When the hour is nigh & the lights are low & I got a toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth & my friends want to hear me play Into the Void or TNT or Cemetery Gates I plug my $600 guitar into my $150 amp and I am a Rawk gawd

greatmutah

Post by greatmutah »

I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:31 am Very cool!!!! Congrats and HNIncomingSpeakerD!!!!!!!!!!!!! :party:
Thanks bro! I’m stoked. Wednesday can’t come fast enough. Been awhile since I’ve done some speaker swapping.
—————
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
—————

greatmutah

Post by greatmutah »

Well these were supposed to be here today. But UPS got delayed due to a train derailment (that’s what I says). On the one hand I hope everyone’s alright. On the other, I want my damn speakers! Also it looks like the derailment happened around the AZ/NM border Friday before my packages were loaded up to be sent out cross country. They just reopened a couple days ago. So my speakers should be fine. Just not here. With me.

Semi unrelated note, I found someone on the ebays who does reproductions of Silverface amp faceplates. I may be picking one up. My actual amp is a 1976. I don’t dislike the Blackface aesthetic but I always thought Silverface Fenders looked cooler. Like if I’m ranking them it’s Silver, Brown/Blonde, Black.
—————
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
—————

broslinger

Post by broslinger »

That's cool they're made in Italy.
P O W E R F U L ___ M I D C U T ___ C O N T R O L

SPOTIFY LINK TO CATATONIC DOUCHE ALBUM!!!
https://open.spotify.com/album/0IOhhAhdZfaB7BN74SUHLC

Also iTunes and Apple Music:
https://music.apple.com/us/artist/holid ... 1293369997