TC Electronics Jims 800 demo

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
dstroud

TC Electronics Jims 800 demo

Post by dstroud »

quick and dirty Jims 800 clip. All guitars are the Jims 800, no effects, no eq, bone dry and straight in. This is my fave direct recording device I’ve tried.

I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT

Re: TC Electronics Jims 800 demo

Post by I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT »

Very cool!!!
I've been very happy with the TC 550. I like it better than the Palmer Pocket Amp.
Walt said: When the hour is nigh & the lights are low & I got a toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth & my friends want to hear me play Into the Void or TNT or Cemetery Gates I plug my $600 guitar into my $150 amp and I am a Rawk gawd

dstroud

Post by dstroud »

I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:34 pm Very cool!!!
I've been very happy with the TC 550. I like it better than the Palmer Pocket Amp.
dude I have to get the 550. I’m gonna order it right now lol. I had the Friedman ir-x and the Boss ir-2. I sent both back and kept the jims 800

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

The rhythm tone is not my favorite but definitely usable, the lead tone is awesome though! And great playing as usual!

Have you tried the UA Lion? I've been curious about that one.

Vladimir Putin

Post by Vladimir Putin »

I do not like it. I think the only reason it sounds even as decent as it does is because of the player that knows what they're doing. Otherwise sounds... not good.
Ukraine? Mykraine

dstroud

Post by dstroud »

Guitarbilly wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:02 pm The rhythm tone is not my favorite but definitely usable, the lead tone is awesome though! And great playing as usual!

Have you tried the UA Lion? I've been curious about that one.
thanks man! that was about the best I could get. haven’t tried the Lion. I tried a few, the friedman ir-x and the boss or-2. this was as close to my amp as I could get. I honestly have better luck micing my amps even at low volume than any modeler or direct device.

dstroud

Post by dstroud »

Vladimir Putin wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:49 pm I do not like it. I think the only reason it sounds even as decent as it does is because of the player that knows what they're doing. Otherwise sounds... not good.
hey man I appreciate that, thanks for listening!!

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

dstroud wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:14 pm I honestly have better luck micing my amps even at low volume than any modeler or direct device.
Preach Rev Stroud! PREACH!! :bow:

dstroud

Post by dstroud »

Guitarbilly wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:23 pm
dstroud wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:14 pm I honestly have better luck micing my amps even at low volume than any modeler or direct device.
Preach Rev Stroud! PREACH!! :bow:
haha thats just me, some guys get awesome tones. I just end up scrolling menus for hours tweaking thinking I should mic a cab lolol

Vladimir Putin

Post by Vladimir Putin »

dstroud wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:14 pm
Vladimir Putin wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:49 pm I do not like it. I think the only reason it sounds even as decent as it does is because of the player that knows what they're doing. Otherwise sounds... not good.
hey man I appreciate that, thanks for listening!!
Oh shit, was that your demo? Monster playing as always, dude but yeah this unit is subpar.
Ukraine? Mykraine