Orange Valve Tester MK2 - not low cost as i had thought!

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT

Orange Valve Tester MK2 - not low cost as i had thought!

Post by I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT »

Orange came out with a new Toob Tester... the Mark 2 £850.00 = $1074 US dollars!!!! :shock:
https://orangeamps.com/product/valve-te ... _6G7BJm1hW

Last edited by I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT on Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Walt said: When the hour is nigh & the lights are low & I got a toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth & my friends want to hear me play Into the Void or TNT or Cemetery Gates I plug my $600 guitar into my $150 amp and I am a Rawk gawd

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Re: Orange Valve Tester MK2 - lower cost

Post by Guitarbilly »

I was excited until I saw the price.

I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT

It's about US$100 less than the original. EDIT: NOT $100 less than the original
I bought the original (used on Reverb) and the only complaint I have is that, neither the original or the new one, can test rectifier tubes.
Last edited by I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT on Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Walt said: When the hour is nigh & the lights are low & I got a toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth & my friends want to hear me play Into the Void or TNT or Cemetery Gates I plug my $600 guitar into my $150 amp and I am a Rawk gawd

Marc G

Post by Marc G »

Guitarbilly wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:43 am I was excited until I saw the price.
that's how I felt about the first one.... with the launch of this one.... my feelings haven't changed lol
I can't remember what my signature was..... I'm sure it was something interesting..... :quote:

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Yeah it's a lot. I'd love to have something like this but it costs as much as an amp.
I get about 4-5 years out of a set of power tubes in my main amp. I could buy enough tubes for the rest of my playing live for about 1/2 of what this costs lol

I can see this being great for a repair shop or amp builder, but for the regular player it's cost prohibitive.

zozobra

Post by zozobra »

It's very expensive for what it is. Any serious tech will either have refurbed an old tester or they will have built a curve tracer. Its just a bit too basic for the cost of admission. If I'm spending that kind of cash I'd want something I can properly match tubes with.

greatmutah

Post by greatmutah »

My buddy has a MK1. It’s nice for what it is. He let me borrow it and I weeded out some bad tubes out of my stash. Also was able to “match” some pairs of the same brand/type based off their numbering if I need to use a set as a backup. Can’t say I’d pay this much for the current one but as long as my friend has one I’ll occasionally borrow it.
More guitars than anyone could need
—————
Metropoulos Metroplex Mk I
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Orange Rockerverb 50 Mk III
Peavey 5150
Fender 1976 Vibrolux Reverb
—————
Marshall 1960A G12M25 Greenbacks
Metropoulos Slant 2x12 G12H75 Creambacks.

RaceU4her

Post by RaceU4her »

This thing has been on my Craigslist for months

https://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/msg/ ... 89661.html

I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT

If anyone wants a really good toob tester: https://www.dos4ever.com/uTracer3/uTracer3_pag1.html

I bought one but, I still have to put it together!!! lol

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

These seem mostly pointless (and overpriced)
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband