Delay settings

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
jamminjohn

Delay settings

Post by jamminjohn »

Been working on different settings for different songs.

I've found a good setting for quite a few songs:

190 ms. with a single slapback and the delay level at 80% mix.

What are you using?

bonano

Re: Delay settings

Post by bonano »

I've been messing with, forgive me, dotted eighths: double the rhythm for half the work.

ElDirtySanchez

Post by ElDirtySanchez »

I typically go about 450ms , I like more repeats but I also keep it low in the mix, about 1/4 way on the blend , I also like to use a little bit of modulation if the delay I am using at the time has it
Formerly Rock Flag and Eagle

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Yeah I'm around 450-480 if Im using a single delay. I usually have the feedback and mix low. Mix at around 20% and feedback for 1-2 repeats.

With a dual stereo delay I usually set the times around 390/780 and the other settings are similar to the above. I haven't used dual delays in a while though.

Marc G

Post by Marc G »

I've been using three different delays lately..... one that's a few repeats and kinda low in the mix... couldn't tell you how many ms it is... I'd guess somewhere around 300ms maybe.... possibly less.... I use it to thicken up my tone without stepping on it.... nice to add some width to arpeggiated chords or solos.... second delay would be a dotted 8th with a higher mix for rhythmic stuff, think Pink Floyd's Run Like Hell or most U2 riffs..... lastly since I've discovered the Space Echo model on my HX One I've really fallen in love with it.... I use it like the basic delay to add dimension to arpeggiated chords or in combination with a compressor to create nice synth like bedded chords
I can't remember what my signature was..... I'm sure it was something interesting..... :quote:

ElDirtySanchez

Post by ElDirtySanchez »

ElDirtySanchez wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:09 pm I typically go about 450ms , I like more repeats but I also keep it low in the mix, about 1/4 way on the blend , I also like to use a little bit of modulation if the delay I am using at the time has it
haha I forgot to add that I currently have 3 delays on my board, the Keeley Caverns is set up like the above, I use a DOD Rubberneck that I keep at longer delay times, around 700ms, feedback at noon, a bit higher on the mix and low modulation , I also have a TC Electronics Alter Ego, currently I have that set as more an echo using their DM-2 mode
Formerly Rock Flag and Eagle

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

dotted 1/8th note automatically synced to tempo of whatever song we're playing
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

Vladimir Putin

Post by Vladimir Putin »

I've been using dual delays usually with a shorter delay mixed with one not quite double the first. I balance the feedback so they sit in the background.
Ukraine? Mykraine

ninjaraf

Post by ninjaraf »

I just put all the knobs on my dispatch master at noon and it’s basically perfect lol.
I like 5150s. The rest of you bullshit amps can get fucked.

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

ninjaraf wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:40 pm I just put all the knobs on my dispatch master at noon and it’s basically perfect lol.

A man of culture :love:
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband