F greenbacks

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Maddnotez

F greenbacks

Post by Maddnotez »

Well sort of.

Haven't tried them all and I did love the Marshall 1960AX with a JCM800, I think that cab has GB?

Anyway, just spent $400 on a pair of 75hz heritage because "they're the good ones" man these speakers suck ass.

Never thought I'd say this but I can't put the G12t75 back in fast enough.

With that said, I will certainly rock them for some hours to break them in before I go back but I wish I never bought them.

linthat22

Re: F greenbacks

Post by linthat22 »

I've read where some folks just prefer the G12T75 over Green Backs. Are you hearing a frequency shift between the two speaker types that isn't to your liking?

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

Bummer. Never tried them but always been interested

I have a cab with T75s im fairly neutral on. but it sounds good
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

bonano

Post by bonano »

What kind of amp and what kind of music?

I'd be proper pissed after spending $400 on new gear that drove me nuts: two pedal companies come to mind.

Lukeburke1

Post by Lukeburke1 »

It could be that they’re just not a good fit for your amp. I have a cab with regular Greenback reissues and a cab with Creamback 65s. My Bad Cat sounds great with the Creambacks, but I hate it through the Greenbacks. On the flip side, I have a Vox AC30 head that’s great through the Greenbacks, but sounds really congested through the Creambacks.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Gibson SG-3
Gibson Les Paul Special
Marshall JCM 800 2204—Emperor 2x12 (UK Vintage 30s)
Vox AC30HWH—Janice Cabs 2x12 (Greenbacks)

Maddnotez

Post by Maddnotez »

Lukeburke1 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:42 pm It could be that they’re just not a good fit for your amp. I have a cab with regular Greenback reissues and a cab with Creamback 65s. My Bad Cat sounds great with the Creambacks, but I hate it through the Greenbacks. On the flip side, I have a Vox AC30 head that’s great through the Greenbacks, but sounds really congested through the Creambacks.
Yeah more than likely.

It's the Uber Ultra and Uberkab, I'm willing to bet the amp was designed around the Uberkab.

I've seen a lot of talk that the grenebacks on top are better, even from people who has the same amp but I couldn't disagree more.

I guess they're not horrible but meh. Not much of a frequency change but it is now WAY more tame.

Also, instead of the annoying vintage 30 fizz frequency there's now an even more annoying hippy fizz.

Should have left it alone in all honesty. Desoldering, soldering. Pain in the ass for something that's more expensive and sounds like shit.

Lukeburke1

Post by Lukeburke1 »

If you’re looking to get rid of fizz, maybe try trading your Heritage GBs for a pair of Creamback 65s. They have a smooth top end and upper mid emphasis. They’d probably work well with your Uber.

Or you could take path of least resistance and just go back to the T75s. The clips you’ve posted have all sounded awesome, so if it ain’t broke… :idk:
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Gibson SG-3
Gibson Les Paul Special
Marshall JCM 800 2204—Emperor 2x12 (UK Vintage 30s)
Vox AC30HWH—Janice Cabs 2x12 (Greenbacks)

macaronisalad

Post by macaronisalad »

F U

:lol:

I actually like T75s as well. Its been too long since I had some in my life, but nutbars are asking too much money for 1960 cabs anymore.
The artist formerly known as macaronisalad.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

I am not a fan of the Heritage Greenbacks either. Super fizzy. The regular 25w GBs are great and they're what I think of when someone mention GBs.

Vladimir Putin

Post by Vladimir Putin »

Are these the ones you went with?

https://celestion.com/product/heritage-series-g12h75/

Yeah, I'd personally keep the T75s in the Uberkab because Reinhold designed the amp with them in mind. Their cleaner, tighter low end will counteract the mid honk and top end sizzle of the V30s.
Ukraine? Mykraine