Help with midi on Behringer V amp 2

Discussions about the latest digital rigs: Modeling, IRs, DAWs, Plug-ins... even Synths and E-Drums! If has 100110111, it belongs here!
mettleramiel

Help with midi on Behringer V amp 2

Post by mettleramiel »

Hello, everyone!

I'm looking to automate my guitar player's effects for our live shows but I'm a little lost on how to do this, exactly.

I believe I have all the necessary equipment, the v amp, a usb2midi and Reaper. I'm just confused about how to go about selecting the specified patch on the v amp with midi. Here is the manual https://www.manua.ls/behringer/v-amp-2/manual and under "midi implementation" there seems to be no patch selection, but it says in the manual that you can do this with a midi foot pedal, so I'm assuming the same should be here?

I already use midi to control our dmx lights, so I know how to use reaper to transmit midi, but I feel that's a bit simpler as I just have the dmx program converts the midi note to a dmx scene. I'm just lost with this pedal. Any help would be appreciated!

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Re: Help with midi on Behringer V amp 2

Post by Guitarbilly »

The easiest way to do it is with MIDI PC changes. The V-Amp is mapped 1:1 so PC 01 means Preset 01, PC02 is Preset 02 and so on.

If you are sending MIDI to multiple devices is best to set the V-Amp to and specific MIDI channel an transmit the V-Amp PCs on that channel only so it doesn't affect the rest of the setup.

To change MIDI channels on the V-Amp you press and hold the "A" button then use the arrows to scroll up/down.

That's it in a nutshell. If you have specific questions I can try to help more. I am not familiar with Reaper but I can help you on the device side.

mettleramiel

Re: Help with midi on Behringer V amp 2

Post by mettleramiel »

Thanks, man! I think I've figured it out thanks to another forum.

Where I was getting lost is that I didn't understand that I need to send program data through midi not note data. I was unaware of this or how to do it and someone helped me out!