Can't stop, need moar

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Maddnotez

Can't stop, need moar

Post by Maddnotez »

This is why I quit and took a long hiatus, I am an addict and can't stop buying stuff. With that said, once this is all said and done I'll sell off some things I'm not using.

Curiosity got the best of me so here is the list of some things on way:

Items in transit: Dirty Tree, Klon type clone (that Chiron pedal from the Rig Talk guy), a pair of Heritage 75hz Greenbacks, Dunlop sharp and a few different sets of Dunlop Flows to try. Got a Tung Sol Reissue 12ax7, a pair of Shuguang 12ax7a and a Sovtek LPS for the Phase Inverter.

Also ordered a Lone Wolf Audio Toxic Presence EQ but that's a few months out.

Things on the radar: VFE Pinball/Standout, Cioks DC7 Power supply and Jimmy Clips (lost the Jimmy's I had or maybe gave them to a friend)

Super interested to put those Greenbacks in place of the 75s in my Uberkab but we will see how that goes.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Re: Can't stop, need moar

Post by Guitarbilly »

Man, buying/selling gear is part of the fun!!! Even when you're an active player how often do you gig? Once a week? Not a very frequent hobby so the gear buy/sell keeps us busy the rest of time lol

As long as you're using disposable money and not going into debt it's all good.

I definitely want to try the VFE Standout eventually!!! And the Dirty Tree!!!

dstroud

Post by dstroud »

sounds like a blast man!!!! I have the Chiron, way cool pedal!!

Maddnotez

Post by Maddnotez »

Guitarbilly wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:27 pm Man, buying/selling gear is part of the fun!!! Even when you're an active player how often do you gig? Once a week? Not a very frequent hobby so the gear buy/sell keeps us busy the rest of time lol

As long as you're using disposable money and not going into debt it's all good.

I definitely want to try the VFE Standout eventually!!! And the Dirty Tree!!!
I had the Henning built standout, actually bought it from a member here I believe and it was excellent. One of the best boosts I've tried but it's all amp dependant in my opinion.

So VFE is doing a run until 5/31. They have a regular Standout option or they also have a pinball/standout option. Basically 2 pedals in one enclosure, EQ/Boost.

I guess the only caviat is you cannot run them simultaneously but not 100% sure.

The Dirty Tree was just one of those ok I have to try it. I'm actually expecting to not like it at all but we will see.

Maddnotez

Post by Maddnotez »

dstroud wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:31 pm sounds like a blast man!!!! I have the Chiron, way cool pedal!!
I think your video is what sold me on trying it. I did get the regular "rig talk" version used and not that newer updated one woth prescence control.

RaceU4her

Post by RaceU4her »

i picked up a henning standout out based on the hype, and im honestly not even sure what the thing does lol :idk: the chiron is amazing though, i guess he sourced whatever perfect klon tolerance nos parts and its made me a klon believer for sure

Maddnotez

Post by Maddnotez »

RaceU4her wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:46 pm i picked up a henning standout out based on the hype, and im honestly not even sure what the thing does lol :idk: the chiron is amazing though, i guess he sourced whatever perfect klon tolerance nos parts and its made me a klon believer for sure
It was magic in a box for me with the Fortin Cali, while that amp is actually great I have never in my life had so much trouble getting the sound I wanted. Probably user error again but I did eventually find the sweet spot.

Must have tried 8 different speaker types and a plethora of boosts.

Good to hear about the Chiron, I've never played a Klon or any Klone so I'm looking forward to checking it out.

dstroud

Post by dstroud »

Maddnotez wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm
dstroud wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:31 pm sounds like a blast man!!!! I have the Chiron, way cool pedal!!
I think your video is what sold me on trying it. I did get the regular "rig talk" version used and not that newer updated one woth prescence control.
mine is the 3 knob, id be interested to hear that deluxe version, but it wont run on battery, and I feel like I need a battery option lol
Last edited by dstroud on Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ninjaraf

Post by ninjaraf »

The Dirty Tree is a really cool pedal. You can get instant Meshuggah tones out of basically any amp haha.
I like 5150s. The rest of you bullshit amps can get fucked.

RaceU4her

Post by RaceU4her »

the dirty tree i dont have but ive heard good things, might have to grab one at some point