SLO but with a fuzz pedal

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
spawnofthesith

Re: SLO but with a fuzz pedal

Post by spawnofthesith »

Sounds awesome :love:

There's an SLO30 thats been sitting on CL for like over a year that he just dropped the price to 1950 on. I'm 99% certain it's the same dude who sold me my madison 2x12 and I tried that very amp :lol: :hmm:
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

Vladimir Putin

Post by Vladimir Putin »

Guitarbilly wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:59 pm Sounds great!!! I agree with the Danzig reference but that's a good thing.

John Christ is a local here, we've played a few shows with his band. Really good player, highly underrated I think.
I can hear the dark vibe at the beginning kinda in that realm now that I'm listening to them. That's freaking wild you run in similar circles with such a pro player and very cool. What band is he in these days?
spawnofthesith wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:07 pm Sounds awesome :love:

There's an SLO30 thats been sitting on CL for like over a year that he just dropped the price to 1950 on. I'm 99% certain it's the same dude who sold me my madison 2x12 and I tried that very amp :lol: :hmm:
Dude, I tried an SLO30 the other day and honestly if I was doing it all over I'd probably go with the 30. But I got a good deal on the 100, it's already here, and I don't want to deal with selling it on Reverb just to buy a used one, blah blah blah. It was still a beast of an amp and very much an SLO.

That said, the 100 is a lifetime type amp so...

anyway thanks for listening!
Ukraine? Mykraine

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

No band, he does a solo thing with some friends.. he's mostly a music teacher these days.

And man I am glad you went with the 100w!!! "mini soldano" is like "sugar free chocolate" aka No.

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

I think anyone with a 30 will yearn for the full thing at least a littttle bit from time to time haha
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

Vladimir Putin

Post by Vladimir Putin »

Guitarbilly wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:46 pm No band, he does a solo thing with some friends.. he's mostly a music teacher these days.

And man I am glad you went with the 100w!!! "mini soldano" is like "sugar free chocolate" aka No.
Dammit, Cole, Shea and Mike already clowned me hard for even considering returning the 100 watter for the 30. :o

They were right... :notlisten:

That said, the 30 watter has the exact same preamp and the only difference is the 2 6L6 power section. Sure felt like a 50 watter to me but yeah... no reason to skimp on an amp that's replacing my OG Jubilee.
spawnofthesith wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:52 pm I think anyone with a 30 will yearn for the full thing at least a littttle bit from time to time haha

Dammit, just further proving the collective of autists right :o
Ukraine? Mykraine

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Shea is always correct. Mike is iffy :lol: But if he's agreeing with us then he's correct.

Vladimir Putin

Post by Vladimir Putin »

Guitarbilly wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:32 pm Shea is always correct. Mike is iffy :lol: But if he's agreeing with us then he's correct.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

100% accurate

We both brought our Jubilees to Austin and Shea's SLO just buried both of them. The SLO did what the Jube did almost exactly, but better in every way. Which lead me to where I'm at now :o
Ukraine? Mykraine

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

The SLO is really the king of that type of tone. The Jubilee is a fine amp in this own right but there's really no comparison.