NGD - friend hooked me up

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Maddnotez

Re: NGD - friend hooked me up

Post by Maddnotez »

colejustesen wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:08 am I owned one of those guitars at one point. It was so freaking good! The only reason I sold it was because I fell out of the 7 string vibe. It played and sounded incredible! One of these days I am going to up the ante and go for an ESP Original Horizon. Congrats on the kick ass guitar!

Cole
I've done that a few times myself but always end up back with a 7 string.

I never tune to E, even on a 6 it is C, Drop C or Drop Bb. So for what I play I just think a 7 sounds better and makes more sense.

I'll keep my beater 6 around just to have one though.

I would love to try a higher tier ESP, never played a USA or custom shop or anything like that. I can only imagine how nice they are.

colejustesen

Post by colejustesen »

I still have a couple 7 strings. An E-II MR-Seven and a GJ² Arete 7. They are both nice guitars, but again I didn't find myself playing them.

Like you, I have not played anything above an E-II, but I can imagine the better woods and more hands on production would yield a more lively, and comfortable guitar. This is my general experience with production models and custom shop level models. I figured ESP would probably follow suit.

Cole

Maddnotez

Post by Maddnotez »

colejustesen wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:32 am I still have a couple 7 strings. An E-II MR-Seven and a GJ² Arete 7. They are both nice guitars, but again I didn't find myself playing them.

Like you, I have not played anything above an E-II, but I can imagine the better woods and more hands on production would yield a more lively, and comfortable guitar. This is my general experience with production models and custom shop level models. I figured ESP would probably follow suit.

Cole
How are the Grover Jackson guitars? Have always wanted to check one out.

colejustesen

Post by colejustesen »

I think they are great guitars. That being said, his Glendora and Hellhound design is par for the course of upper end S and T style guitars. They play great, are built well, and sound great. I don't think they are the be all, end all modern S or T style though. Now his fancier versions really shine! The Arete models too. I really like the design and neck sculpting. My go-to guitar style is the Yamaha SG, and the necks on the Aretes fill similar; so that suits me and my playing. I would definitely say check them out, if you are interested. You will get a well made guitar that plays great (as long as the previous owner didn't mess it up).

Cole