INCOMING RED ARMY OVERDRIVE DAY!!!

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Vladimir Putin

Re: INCOMING RED ARMY OVERDRIVE DAY!!!

Post by Vladimir Putin »

greatmutah wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:20 pm I mean it’s kind of like a must right? Strat, Gilmour-Muff and OD setup and some Memory Man style delay? Why wouldn’t I do that?
It makes nothing but sense. :fap:
Ukraine? Mykraine

I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT

Post by I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT »

Sounds KILLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really dig the compressor tone!!!

It's crazy but, I've never tried a comp with a fuzz!?!?!
The next time I turn on my amp, I will be compressing my Astoria... into a delay!!!
Walt said: When the hour is nigh & the lights are low & I got a toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth & my friends want to hear me play Into the Void or TNT or Cemetery Gates I plug my $600 guitar into my $150 amp and I am a Rawk gawd

greatmutah

Post by greatmutah »

I just used some moderate settings. Tighten up the singles a bit and keeps the transients. The Phat Mod adds some highs back and cuts some lows but doesn’t add a ton of mids. I guess the BD2 originally was meant to be like a take on a Tube Driver meets Bluesbreaker pedal? I don’t know but it works great with this setup. And the Keeley is a tightened up version essentially but with a switch to keep lows. I really dig this pedal even on its own for dirt. But as a clean boost it’s amazing.
More guitars than anyone could need
—————
Metropoulos Metroplex Mk I
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Orange Rockerverb 50 Mk III
Peavey 5150
Fender 1976 Vibrolux Reverb
—————
Marshall 1960A G12M25 Greenbacks
Metropoulos Slant 2x12 G12H75 Creambacks.

Beef

Post by Beef »

Yeah, that sounds wicked good. Real nice man. :thu:
Wu-Tang is for the children.

greatmutah

Post by greatmutah »

Thanks, dude! I think my Muff collection is as complete as I want it to be. EQD Hizumitas does Triangle sounds, Astoria for the Ram’s Head and Red Army for the Russian. I may eventually get an EQD Hoof (or Hoof Reaper to get some Tone Bender and octave on with the Hoof) for a Muff with mids but also whatever mods they did to it (Si and Ge transistors, etc).

As for other Fuzz, I think I need to take a dive into some Tone Bender stuff and maybe a silicon Fuzz Face style pedal. I would probably do Analogman for the Si Fuzz Face. I have a Germanium one. It’s the Coyote Fuzz Mort did a few years back and it kicks ass. I dig it.
More guitars than anyone could need
—————
Metropoulos Metroplex Mk I
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Orange Rockerverb 50 Mk III
Peavey 5150
Fender 1976 Vibrolux Reverb
—————
Marshall 1960A G12M25 Greenbacks
Metropoulos Slant 2x12 G12H75 Creambacks.

I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT

Post by I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT »

Mort's Coyote Fuzz is a really nice fuzz. I was really surprised by how much I liked it.
I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised because the Fuzz Face is an immensely popular pedal.
Walt said: When the hour is nigh & the lights are low & I got a toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth & my friends want to hear me play Into the Void or TNT or Cemetery Gates I plug my $600 guitar into my $150 amp and I am a Rawk gawd