NPD: They’re Going To Leak Oil Any Day Now

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
andvari7

NPD: They’re Going To Leak Oil Any Day Now

Post by andvari7 »

Good evening,

I am always on the quest for the perfect pick. My favorite picks have crazy amounts of grip, are really stiff, and are fairly thin. The carbon Jazz IIIs have the best grip, are really stiff, and have a good shape, but I don’t like the size.

Out of curiosity, I purchased four carbon fiber pick, from Timber Tones, out of Brighton, in the United Kingdom of England-land, and they arrived yesterday. I didn’t get my mail until this morning, so today is the NPD.

They are really thin. Like, a cheap pick you get from a crap-ass starter ukulele thin. That’s where the similarities end: The Timber Tone pick is stiff - the stiffest pick I’ve ever played in my life - and it weighs next to nothing. I don’t exactly love the rounded tip, but I don’t exactly hate it, either. It’s not particularly grippy, which I can probably solve, or work around, but it’s not ridiculously slippery.

Their stiffnesses all relate to my ten-inch cock. No joke.

I could ask them to make the Jazz III XL shape, with added grip, in the stiffness I can put out. However, after four hours, I have to go to the hospital. I could do that, but I’m too cheap and lazy to do it.

I’ll upload a pic, as soon as I get around to it.

Thank you.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Re: NPD: They’re Going To Leak Oil Any Day Now

Post by Guitarbilly »

How does it sound?

andvari7

Post by andvari7 »

Having not played plugged in for quite some time, I couldn’t tell you how chirpy it gets when you add volume, gain, distortion and balls, but it isn’t really that bad unplugged. My Strandberg has stainless steel frets, so I’m already fighting an uphill battle, where chirping is concerned.

andvari7

Post by andvari7 »

Well, they are powdering out. Either this is part of the design, or these picks well and truly suck.

Vladimir Putin

Post by Vladimir Putin »

This post brought to you by drugs
Ukraine? Mykraine

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

andvari7 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:29 pm Having not played plugged in for quite some time, I couldn’t tell you how chirpy it gets when you add volume, gain, distortion and balls, but it isn’t really that bad unplugged. My Strandberg has stainless steel frets, so I’m already fighting an uphill battle, where chirping is concerned.
yeah that's the main thing with these different materials, they usually have a ping or chirp to their tone. I tend to like Ultex/Tortex or nylon picks since they're more balanced.

jamminjohn

Post by jamminjohn »

Wasn't there some guy who wanted to stick his dick in the mashed potatoes?

Russell?

andvari7

Post by andvari7 »

jamminjohn wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:19 pm Wasn't there some guy who wanted to stick his dick in the mashed potatoes?

Russell?
Shit, if it’s gonna be THAT kinda party…