NAD

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
ninjaraf

Re: NAD

Post by ninjaraf »

Damn, alright. All the demos seem to get it WAY tighter than previous versions. This has always kept me away from the Ubers. I've played maybe 3, and the only one that was there was Laura's Fortin modded Uber, Natasha! That amp still haunts my dreams! Seemed like they built this capability in to the new ones based on demos, which would 100% make it an amp I need. But if it can't get there, then I dunno.

I also noticed that on the descriptions on SW, they say the 6l6 version doesn't have as much gain as the KT88 and EL34 versions. Seems weird...
I like 5150s. The rest of you bullshit amps can get fucked.

Mike Oxhuge

Post by Mike Oxhuge »

Fuck yeah, sounds amazing! My Blackmore could get pretty close to this tone, but not quite as tight. Artist high lead sounds aggressive like this but with more Marshally mids. Love the Engl tones!

ninjaraf

Post by ninjaraf »

Yeah, that's sorta been my take as well. The BM and Artist I think are the same amp with different power tubes, but I noticed exactly what you're saying about those 2 amps from the demos. BM is not quite as tight, and Artist is more aggressive than the BM. They all seem great, though!

Maddnotez

Post by Maddnotez »

Mike Oxhuge wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:13 pm Fuck yeah, sounds amazing! My Blackmore could get pretty close to this tone, but not quite as tight. Artist high lead sounds aggressive like this but with more Marshally mids. Love the Engl tones!
I've heard some really good blackmore clips. Really want to try some Engls.

I need to stop, I am an addict. In one day by lunchtime I'm wanting to buy a XXX and an Engl

ninjaraf

Post by ninjaraf »

lolol

maggotspawn

Post by maggotspawn »

Congrats Raf. Engls seem to be rare around here. GC was supposed to start carrying them, but of course that never happened.

macgaj3

Post by macgaj3 »

Dude I love that your entire amp wall is just black on black on black on black on black on black.

Paint the face of the 51-50watter so it fits in.
Nik Huber | Bad Cat | Pedals

ninjaraf

Post by ninjaraf »

Hahaha don’t think I haven’t already considered that! LoLoL it’s almost a requirement at this point lol

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

I'm considering buying a PowerBall and putting it under my Koch.

greatmutah

Post by greatmutah »

A good Koch can always use a good Powerball or two to support it.
More guitars than anyone could need
—————
Metropoulos Metroplex Mk I
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Orange Rockerverb 50 Mk III
Peavey 5150
Fender 1976 Vibrolux Reverb
—————
Marshall 1960A G12M25 Greenbacks
Metropoulos Slant 2x12 G12H75 Creambacks.