NLD

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
ninjaraf

NLD

Post by ninjaraf »

I got this Driftwood reactive load in yesterday. Testing it out this morning. Excuse the sloppy playing, recording this while my coffee is brewing lol. Pretty interesting to hear the differences in person vs YT videos. Much more dramatic than even videos would suggest. I wanted to get the Driftwood after watching a comparison video because it seemed to retain more of what I like about the amps compared to the Suhr. I'll link the video too.

EDIT: Forgot to mention. EVH 50 watt into the load boxes into my RME Fireface. Used my Bauer Strat with Duncan Omega. This is for sure my most ME sounding guitar.

Suhr: https://app.box.com/s/vc7sbxmt2h4nffb5nfg5g3qdb18ng7ku
Driftwood: https://app.box.com/s/gslj213mdsswcwza4e63afbwbrx3mh3j

I like 5150s. The rest of you bullshit amps can get fucked.

FAKA!

Re: NLD

Post by FAKA! »

Damn you got RME fireface now? I'm still rocking an older RME UCX and it was honestly one of the best purchases I ever made. I don't have interface issues anymore... anyway

As for the loadbox comparison, I think I prefer the Suhr but agree with that vid that it lacks low end. I noticed that from day 1, I'd always have to compensate a bit by cranking the bass up more. I am curious though, which load box sounds like the amp to your ears?

ninjaraf

Post by ninjaraf »

Yeah I got the new fireface that was released last summer. I agree. Solved all my interface problems. I had the audient id44 for 5 years before the rme. Channel 1 went out and I had to send it out to get repaired. Which was reasonable in terms of time and money. But I also felt it was time to upgrade. It’s definitely a huge step up!

I think the driftwood retains more of the amp than the Suhr. The Suhr cuts too much lows and mids by comparison. They’re both great. I kinda think them as different cabs in a way.
I like 5150s. The rest of you bullshit amps can get fucked.

Snave

Post by Snave »

I think the Driftwood sounds more like your mic'd clips. The Suhr is more brittle.

I tried to get on the with Suhr RL-IR, and while it was better than Two Notes stuff, the sound wasn't really there IMO.

I'm also an RME convert since 2019 after suffering through MOTU driver issues for too long. :lol: