Best Speaker I’ve ever tried? I think so! And a pickup

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Endtime

Best Speaker I’ve ever tried? I think so! And a pickup

Post by Endtime »

Well l, I’ve been playing a lot and making actual money from shows, so some “free” gear money is around. But also making enough to pay actual bills. It’s gay being in a cover band, but making actual dough and being treated like a “real” band when we hit these venues is a nice diversion from being gay… lol. But anyway, I e seriously always gotten along with the PV sheffield 5150 speakers in my 5150 cab. But I did swap out 2 with the Evh Celestions.. and it’s a great mix. But I decided, yknow, I just don’t mic em over the Evh so I pulled the trigger on some Creamback g12m-65. And wow, instantly those worked awesome. So the slayer band is doing a sort of recording where we use a mix of a bunch of clips for our press shit and so this is literally brand new out of the box, first recordings(I’ve since done some more) and it’s perfect straight away. This is the Evh RED CHANNEL. Oops didn’t mean to hit cap locks. But I’ve also used my 6505 and the results were also killer..:

https://app.box.com/s/6qnu19arw42xittilad3fdjua7zyqxrx

Oh yeah the pickup. I’ve always heard about Wagner pickup. WCR or whatever. Dude is supposed to make some of the best PAF style. And honestly I wanted the Icebucker but he sadly bent to wokeness I assume and stopped selling those… kinda Ridiculous. Almost made me not buy from him , but I’ve only heard good things, so I bought the GodWood. It’s a bit fatter and hotter than a typical PAF and put that in my Warmoth V which is a 24.75 scale mahogany body. It’s a warm guitar and it liked EMGs or low output passives. And man does this thing pack a punch. It records amazing. It has a real raunch to the tone that makes it sound more powerful than it is. But it’s got the feel of a Paf. Really impressed. Lives up to the hype for sure

Maddnotez

Re: Best Speaker I’ve ever tried? I think so! And a pickup

Post by Maddnotez »

That sounds great, definitely nailed that Era slayer tone. Almost identical, I'd go see you guys haha.

Really want to hear the singer. If he doesn't do the falsetto scream I don't want it.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Sounds great man. I was using the Creamback65s in my 4x12 before I decided to move to V30s. I like the 65s quite a bit, they always sound chewy to me, where you can hear the low end give in a bit but without getting flubby.

And yeah WCR Godwoods are amazing. One of my friends in LA has a R9 with a set of them and it's one of the best sounding Les Pauls I've ever played

Endtime

Post by Endtime »

Maddnotez wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:08 pm That sounds great, definitely nailed that Era slayer tone. Almost identical, I'd go see you guys haha.

Really want to hear the singer. If he doesn't do the falsetto scream I don't want it.
He actually does a really good old school Araya high scream. He had to work at it cause if you look at him you wouldn’t think that’s gonna come from him! Lol. But he does a good job. Most everyone who comments thinks he sounds just like him. Idk about that but it’s in the ballpark for sure. He’s a guy in the band who’s always been a cove band guy. So he goes at it like trying to sound as close as possible. I basically play it my way, but my way is a ton of aggression which is how early Slayer was. The drummer nails his parts. And hits hard. And the other guitarist, I don’t feel is as good of a rhythm player as me but he basically learned all the solos note for note. Which I only do on the ones that are more “written”. Otherwise, it’s slayer, I know how to go off like Slayet and wail out some leads! Haha. But my point is, we all kinda do something really good and it’s worked out surprisingly well. I’m not sure where you are at, but we play out of state quite a bit. Working on getting down to Florida! Cause then that’s a vacation! And if we play 2 shows, it’ll more than pay for the whole trip, and extra stay… Trying to make that happen

Endtime

Post by Endtime »

Guitarbilly wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:09 pm Sounds great man. I was using the Creamback65s in my 4x12 before I decided to move to V30s. I like the 65s quite a bit, they always sound chewy to me, where you can hear the low end give in a bit but without getting flubby.

And yeah WCR Godwoods are amazing. One of my friends in LA has a R9 with a set of them and it's one of the best sounding Les Pauls I've ever played
I love these speakers. This cab became my fave. It’s still fresh, but to some degree this is the sound I had in my head. It has a good old Marshall cab sound, which it’s just the sounds we grew up on. So I prefer an old Marshall vibe than let’s say the Mesa cab sound.

And truly the Godwoods are amazing. Im already thinking of another. But it does seem everyone claims these are the LesPaul or Gibson pickup. And I know that’s likely just customers saying it, but… That’s why I used my short scale guitar to try it in. And it’s so damn punchy. Man, talk about HEARINg the compression now in other pickups. I usually steer towards medium to medium high pickups. Even tho for years I loved all the low output ones. High output never truly did it for me. But this pickup will single hand rely prevent me from getting high output, because this has more balls and punch and it never has that compression which isn’t needed with my high gainers… Really great pickup. I’ve had it for a few weeks now and it’s become the guitar I always reach for

ninjaraf

Post by ninjaraf »

Interesting! I haven’t tried the 65 but I did have a 75 watt creamback in my vader cab. But it seems like people like the 65 more.

I tried the wcr Ironman at some point. Or whatever his super high output one was. Don’t think that one was a good fit but something more mid output would be cool to try.
I like 5150s. The rest of you bullshit amps can get fucked.

Endtime

Post by Endtime »

ninjaraf wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:45 pm Interesting! I haven’t tried the 65 but I did have a 75 watt creamback in my vader cab. But it seems like people like the 65 more.

I tried the wcr Ironman at some point. Or whatever his super high output one was. Don’t think that one was a good fit but something more mid output would be cool to try.
Godwoods are more mid output I’d say. I dont get caught up in magnet type or DC resistance, none of that. Which I don’t even think he posts besides you can find DC resistance somewhere on his page. Godwoods are 10.5k. .. I just think they are great. A true “wow” moment cause they really made an impact in a away I don’t hear too often. It makes all the others seem kinda off the mark.., I hear harshness when I didn’t think some were harsh. And back to what I said, I honestly don’t know what kind of Mag is in there… Lol. His description was it’s the fattest of the bunch and can handle anything thrown at it.. I’d say it’s accurate

Maddnotez

Post by Maddnotez »

Endtime wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:24 pm
Maddnotez wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:08 pm That sounds great, definitely nailed that Era slayer tone. Almost identical, I'd go see you guys haha.

He actually does a really good old school Araya high scream. He had to work at it cause if you look at him you wouldn’t think that’s gonna come from him! Lol. But he does a good job. Most everyone who comments thinks he sounds just like him. Idk about that but it’s in the ballpark for sure. He’s a guy in the band who’s always been a cove band guy. So he goes at it like trying to sound as close as possible. I basically play it my way, but my way is a ton of aggression which is how early Slayer was. The drummer nails his parts. And hits hard. And the other guitarist, I don’t feel is as good of a rhythm player as me but he basically learned all the solos note for note. Which I only do on the ones that are more “written”. Otherwise, it’s slayer, I know how to go off like Slayet and wail out some leads! Haha. But my point is, we all kinda do something really good and it’s worked out surprisingly well. I’m not sure where you are at, but we play out of state quite a bit. Working on getting down to Florida! Cause then that’s a vacation! And if we play 2 shows, it’ll more than pay for the whole trip, and extra stay… Trying to make that happen
St louis. Probably too far and many bands skip over here but I would definitely come out, I still go to a fair amount of shows.

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

Man I've wanted to try creambacks for ages. One of these days...

Sounds killer!
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

greatmutah

Post by greatmutah »

Creambacks are awesome! I have the G12H 75s but would love to try the 65s sometime.
More guitars than anyone could need
—————
Metropoulos Metroplex Mk I
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Orange Rockerverb 50 Mk III
Peavey 5150
Fender 1976 Vibrolux Reverb
—————
Marshall 1960A G12M25 Greenbacks
Metropoulos Slant 2x12 G12H75 Creambacks.