Guitar Center issue... weigh in on what you would do

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Vladimir Putin

Guitar Center issue... weigh in on what you would do

Post by Vladimir Putin »

So a friend clued me in to a good deal on the SLO that I bought via Guitar Center used.

It arrived without the footswitch. Footswitch was in the pics and the description.

Called the store it shipped from and they said they'd locate it and call me back. They did not. Called again today and still can't find it. Told me to call back later today.

Not having a lot of faith in that I called their corp line. The guy I spoke with said it's up to the stores to decide what to do, and if they can't resolve it he recommended I return it to my local GC and order a SLO from Sweetwater. Said he used to work there and he didn't have a lot of faith in the GC store resolving the issue.

The amp is mint otherwise and it was about $800 off new.

I'll call them back later and if they find it or knock the price of the footswitch off then I'll consider it resolved.

But at this point if they continue scratching their heads I'll just return it down the street and order from SW.
Ukraine? Mykraine

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Re: Guitar Center issue... weigh in on what you would do

Post by Guitarbilly »

well the OG footswitch is $99. So they should take that off of the price. But $800 off of the new price is pretty good. So if they don't find/refund and you end up buying a footswitch from Soldano, you're at $700 off of new. Which is not bad all things considered.

If you return it and get one from Sweetwater for $800 more than what you paid for this one, technically you paid $800 for a 2-button footswitch. I know it's new with a warranty but these Soldanos are so well made I don't think that matter much especially if the amp is mint.

So getting the footswitch or the $100 off from GC is the best outcome. Buying the footswitch is the second best IMHO.
Returning it out of "principle" and spending the extra $800 at SW sounds like the worst outcome to me because:

1- GC will sell that amp without the footswitch for the same price they sold you. You're not really teaching/doing anything to them by returning it.

2- I have no principles. I just want to get the best $ deal I can.

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

Yeah agree with Billy

In your situation if GC dicked me into having to buy a $99 footswitch I'd still rather do that than returning and spending even more money

Have you gotten in touch with their store manager via email ? When I got my rivera that was blowing fuses from GC it took some finagling but I got them to send me a free quad of EL34s in case it was because of bad tubes :idk:
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

Marc G

Post by Marc G »

(Amp - Footswitch) X (Gasoline + Matches) = Profit?

the math may be a little complicated........

an easier solution is tell GC refund you the $100 for a new footswitch and order a new one..... if they say no, like Billy said, you're still $700 ahead... so it's still a win really...
I can't remember what my signature was..... I'm sure it was something interesting..... :quote:

Vladimir Putin

Post by Vladimir Putin »

I'm hoping they just order me a new one or refund $100 so I can do so...

I'm very much a principled man and will consider spending more for a brand new one. I hate dealing with GC, and have had issues multiple times through the years.
Ukraine? Mykraine

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Vladimir Putin wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:57 pm I'm hoping they just order me a new one or refund $100 so I can do so...

I'm very much a principled man and will consider spending more for a brand new one. I hate dealing with GC, and have had issues multiple times through the years.
look, I know capitalism is frowned upon in the Mother Land, I understand that.
But still, take the $800 discount and get a new footswitch :lol:

mort

Post by mort »

As far as inconveniences go, it could easily be worse. Like if a function didn't work properly or something.

But that said, they advertised it with a footswitch and should provide its replacement or value without question.

greatmutah

Post by greatmutah »

He demands excellence for his rubles.
More guitars than anyone could need
—————
Metropoulos Metroplex Mk I
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Orange Rockerverb 50 Mk III
Peavey 5150
Fender 1976 Vibrolux Reverb
—————
Marshall 1960A G12M25 Greenbacks
Metropoulos Slant 2x12 G12H75 Creambacks.

trey85stang2

Post by trey85stang2 »

It’s a single button foot switch if they did not resolve it I wittiest be too upset with the discount. Did you get it from Fort Worth by chance? They had a used one sitting there when I was in town.

ninjaraf

Post by ninjaraf »

haha fucking GC man. Hilarious that one of their own fucking corporate employees tells you to go buy one at SW. This is like if you looked up GC in the dictionary, you'd read this lol.

Anyway, yeah, they suck, but I'd keep the $800 lol
I like 5150s. The rest of you bullshit amps can get fucked.