4 Partscasters/Kit Builds

This forum is for members to sell/trade their privately owned musical gear ONLY. A minimum of 10 posts is required to create threads in this forum. Please read the classified rules before posting. Non-musical gear sales not allowed. Dealer ads not allowed.
macgaj3

4 Partscasters/Kit Builds

Post by macgaj3 »

Selling a few of my old builds to make room for some new ones. Prices include shipping for the hommies. Happy to meet up a reasonable distance from Raleigh, NC too.

MJT/Warmoth Thinline Tele - $1200
A favorite. I tried to take the Thinline design and blend in a lot of traditional Gibson elements. It's a Mahogany body from MJT Aged Finishes, double bound, in Crown Royal Purple. Wilkinson bridge, and Dimarzio 36th Anniversary Humbuckers. The neck is 24.75" scale from Warmoth - Roasted flame maple with a rosewood fretboard and Sperzel tuners. It was lightly reliced by design. There are some chips and finish checking, and it's been well-played. It's light, plays fantastic, and sounds great.

Precision Guitar Kits SG Jr - $1200
Really proud of the finish on this one - Ocean Turquoise Lacquer finish on the body, tinted amber neck. I love the look of the unpainted back of the neck and matching headstock. The Macassar Ebony fretboard has no markers and looks awesome. It's got a real Gibson Lyre Vibrola on it and a Graphtec tune-o-matic. Really good tuning stability with no sticking thanks to the graphite saddles, TUSQ nut, and Sperzel tuners. Has a Duncan Antiquity P-90 and Sperzel Tuners. Only big thing to call out is that I never cut a cavity cover for it. I believe you can order them from PGK, but I've played dozens of shows as is. A few nicks and dings, but great playing guitar.

MJT/Musikraft Jaguar Partscaster - $1500
I went all out to spec this one. MJT heavily aged Alder body. Mastery Bridge and Trem in anodized black & silver. Dimarzio 36th Anni Humbucker and Area 58 strat pickup. 3-way LP-style pickup selector, and an arcade button killswitch on the lower bout. The Musikraft neck is incredible - all rosewood, 24" short scale, Thin D profile, 12" radius, bone nut, and Planet Waves Tuners. The combo of the dark tone woods and short scale make a really unique sounding instrument. Surprisingly beefy. Has a buzzstop installed to improve the break angle over the the bridge which also helps a ton with sustain. Aside from the intentional stuff, it's in really nice shape and plays like a dream.

MJT/Warmoth Tele/Esquire - $900
A stupid-simple ripper. MJT Aaged Pine body. Currently set up with a single David Allen Special T pickup and Callaham bridge - no switching - just a volume and tone knob. Body is routed for a neck pickup, and I'll include a regular pickguard if you prefer normal tele spec. The neck is a Warmoth modern, roasted maple on roasted maple. Standard C profile with 10"-16" compound radius. Earvana compensated nut and Planet Waves tuners. Aside from the intentional stuff, it's in great shape.

Last edited by macgaj3 on Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Nik Huber | Bad Cat | Pedals

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Re: 3 Partscasters/Kit Builds

Post by Guitarbilly »

The Esquire is righteous!!!! Good luck with the sale man!! :thu:

macgaj3

Re: 4 Partscasters/Kit Builds

Post by macgaj3 »

Bumped to add another
Nik Huber | Bad Cat | Pedals