New DAW Day

Discussions about the latest digital rigs: Modeling, IRs, DAWs, Plug-ins... even Synths and E-Drums! If has 100110111, it belongs here!
ElDirtySanchez

New DAW Day

Post by ElDirtySanchez »

I've been using Cubase 5 for far too long, months back I tried Ardour paying a monthly subcription, but I didn't care for it and stopped the subscrption, but I still could use it if I wanted to, they pretty much give it away.
So I tried out Cubase 13, such cool features especially with MIDI. I really like the ability to pull your guitar track and it'll figure out the chord changes because from there you can pull that into a midi track and do stuff that.
I've just been getting used to all these new features but hope to use some more midi in my audio recordings.
Formerly Rock Flag and Eagle

I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT

Re: New DAW Day

Post by I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT »

Congrats and HNDD!!!! WOOO HOOOO!!!! :party:

Midi is something that has always confused me! I tried reading about it... I really did try. :cop: :facepalm: :lol:
Can you recommend any good books or online reading about Midi?
Walt said: When the hour is nigh & the lights are low & I got a toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth & my friends want to hear me play Into the Void or TNT or Cemetery Gates I plug my $600 guitar into my $150 amp and I am a Rawk gawd

ElDirtySanchez

Re: New DAW Day

Post by ElDirtySanchez »

What specifically are you looking for? Basics like how to hook up a midi keyboard and setting up your DAW? Or specific plugins?
My go to for anything is youtube, especially for Cubase midi specifics. I found a guy whose channel is pretty much all cubase and midi and he's awesome. I've learned a lot just by watching 4 of his videos and still so much to learn.
Formerly Rock Flag and Eagle