NPD

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
greatmutah

NPD

Post by greatmutah »

I won’t be able to really try this until tomorrow, but it was $110 at GC and had the original box and everything.

More guitars than anyone could need
—————
Metropoulos Metroplex Mk I
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Orange Rockerverb 50 Mk III
Peavey 5150
Fender 1976 Vibrolux Reverb
—————
Marshall 1960A G12M25 Greenbacks
Metropoulos Slant 2x12 G12H75 Creambacks.

spawnofthesith

Re: NPD

Post by spawnofthesith »

Nice!

I have limited experience with Keeley but I never turn off my compressor Plus so I have great faith in the company
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

greatmutah

Post by greatmutah »

It’s basically a modded Blues Driver so I’m curious to see how it does. I’ve never had one before and been wanting to try it.
—————
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Peavey 5150
—————

greatmutah

Post by greatmutah »

I do want to get their comp though. I’m looking at theirs and the EQD Warden. Different types of comps but still.
—————
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Peavey 5150
—————

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

Blues drivers kick ass, I'd love to check out keeleys take on that!
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

Beef

Post by Beef »

That’s awesome. It’s a great pedal. Super versatile, can get decently clean and decently dirty. Mine lives on the phat setting.
Wu-Tang is for the children.

I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT

Post by I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT »

greatmutah wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:13 pm I do want to get their comp though. I’m looking at theirs and the EQD Warden. Different types of comps but still.
The EQD Warden ROCKS!!! I think it's one of the best optical compressors made -and- it doesn't have that annoying pick attack sound like the MXR Dyna Comp.. Some people like the Dyna Comp but with my OCD, all I hear is that initial pick sound getting boosted. :argh:
The SIX knobs, on the Warden make it very versatile. After you learn what each knob does, it's easy to dial in.
Last edited by I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT on Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Walt said: When the hour is nigh & the lights are low & I got a toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth & my friends want to hear me play Into the Void or TNT or Cemetery Gates I plug my $600 guitar into my $150 amp and I am a Rawk gawd

greatmutah

Post by greatmutah »

Some quick impressions:

This pedal is awesome. It does color your tone but in a very pleasing way. It’s not going to add a ton of midrange to your single coil sound (although it adds some). Wide range on the tone knob allows you to dial back any glassiness you may lose turning it on. Sounds very natural. As a clean boost into a Muff it’s killer. Keep it on the low gain and Flat setting so it shelves some lows and it feels like your muff gets a more subtle mid push and a little extra fluidity. As its own gain it’s sweet. It can add some beef to your clean tone and it gets gainy in its own way. It seems to really just add to the existing sound of your amp without coloring it too much. Obviously once it starts breaking up you get that color but I dig it. Max gain settings get splatty and fuzzy. Kinda cool in its own right. Not what I’d necessarily use this pedal for as I have other things that cover that job but it’s a cool voice. I’ll try to capture some clips later. If you’ve not tried a Blues Driver before this is a great one to start. If you have and lik d it but wanted something a little more polished, the Keeley or Waza should do what you want. If you tried a BD and never liked it, this won’t change your mind.

It’s no secret I’ve been chasing Gilmour tones and singing lead pedal tones and trying to do it without going whole hog on a Hiwatt setup and just focusing on the pedals. Plus I think for a while he was running an Alembic preamp after his board into his Hiwatts and the Alembic is basically a BF Fender tonestack Pre. So I figured between a SF Fender and some British speakers I’d be pretty close (yes I know Fanes and Celestions are different animals but still). And the last few pedals have gotten me closer than ever. I still want to grab a Red Army if they get reissued, or a Red Menace. And I’ll probably be grabbing a Warden for a more subtle comp than the MIC Dyna/CS2 clone I have (which is great for the money. Seriously. Cheap Kokko got me back on Compression). But I’m pretty happy with a lot of what I have now. I’ve got two awesome Muffs, another fuzz/distortion that sounds excellent, some great boosts, solid modulation and great delays. My goal since getting this Vibrolux a few years back was to build a pedal rig around it and I think I’ve accomplished that and then some.

Now to figure out what I’m gonna sell LOL.
—————
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Peavey 5150
—————