NBD - It's Fire

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
screamingdaisy

NBD - It's Fire

Post by screamingdaisy »

I wasn't planning on getting a 5 string, but the switching back and forth between EADG and BEAD mid set is getting old. This should alleviate that a bit.

Anyway... it's fire. Hopefully it'll land here next week (I'm kind of in the middle of nowhere).

Edit - Nerd speak - It's a Spector Forte. Forte's were originally a stripped down USA Spector NS-2/NS-5 with one finish option (trans black) and an Aguilar pickups/preamp. Because Spector is a custom shop, over time they started entertaining custom options for an upcharge. This one has maple wings, upgraded finish, EMG pickups, HAZ preamp, 19mm spacing and 12th fret inlay.

They've discontinued the series as the cost difference between a Forte and NS-5 became negligible, but I they're a good deal as they don't carry the same prestige (or resale) as an actual NS-5.

Last edited by screamingdaisy on Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marc G

Re: NBD - It's Fire

Post by Marc G »

HNBD..... Spector makes some excellent basses
I can't remember what my signature was..... I'm sure it was something interesting..... :quote:

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Damn, that's fire alright. Spectors one are my favorite basses, I love the way they look and sound.

macaronisalad

Post by macaronisalad »

Beautiful! I think I said this beore, but if I played bass, I would play Spectors. All the bands I ever loved had bass players who used Spectors pretty much.
The artist formerly known as macaronisalad.

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

Badass, congrats!
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

Beef

Post by Beef »

Yeah, that's sick. Enjoy it. :thu:
Wu-Tang is for the children.

screamingdaisy

Post by screamingdaisy »

macaronisalad wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:06 pm All the bands I ever loved had bass players who used Spectors pretty much.
That's more or less how I feel.

I originally got a Spector because of Alice in Chains. Once I had one and started being able to pick the sound out of a mix I started realizing other bands/bassists that used them at well.

Same thing happened a second time. My second Spector has EMG DCs, so I started being able to pick that sound of a mix and realized a whole other crop of Spector players (admittedly, I occasionally get tricked by a Warwick).

I've completely fallen in love with these basses. I thought I'd be a Fender Precision and Jazz player and was more than happy with them, but Spector is on a different level (not necessarily better, but different in a way I prefer).

jamminjohn

Post by jamminjohn »

That's a rock machine

ninjaraf

Post by ninjaraf »

My bass player has a similar looking Spector bass. I saw a black one at GC recently for $3k lol. I don't know the models of these weird, long guitars.
I like 5150s. The rest of you bullshit amps can get fucked.

colejustesen

Post by colejustesen »

Congrats on the awesome bass! I have two Spectors and love them! One is a Euro 5 and the other is a Korean 4 string - they play and sound killer. For me, a Spector into a GK amp is bass tone heaven.

I have never tried the Haz preamp. The Euro 5 has a Tone Pump Jr. and the Korean has an Aguilar preamp. I thought about getting a Haz clone for it, but I found a preamp from a company called Audere. I planned on installing that one today.

Cole