NPD... new mini rig!

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Marc G

NPD... new mini rig!

Post by Marc G »

So at the end of last year I was drafted in to another cover band to play rhythm guitar.... repertoire is mostly classic rock stuff so my massive pedal board would be total over kill to use, so I figured I'd piece together a small board from the pedals I wasn't using on my main board... to that end I tossed the basic food groups on the board... a tuner, Fuzz, OD and since we were doing one U2 song a delay pedal...... for the most part this rig worked just fine... after a couple gigs I realized I really needed some reverb and the occasional modulation would be nice.... but there was no way I was going to fit all that on the small board and I really didn't want to use a bigger board for this band.....

Enter the HX One....

tonally I knew it would work... but damn I didn't realize how small it was... I was expecting something closer to the M5..... probably gonna tweak the board a little more over time... but it worked great at our last jam... I might kick the tuner off since the HX One has a tuner and add some more fun stuff on the board, also hunting down a power supply that will fit comfortably under the Pedaltrain Mini so I stop using the One Spot
I can't remember what my signature was..... I'm sure it was something interesting..... :quote:

spawnofthesith

Re: NPD... new mini rig!

Post by spawnofthesith »

Congrats!! HX One has become a crucial part of my board. The tuner works great, it was nice to be able to kick off my pitchblack
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Look at the CIOKS SOL for the power supply.

I like the idea of the HX1 as a "wildcard" pedal.

I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT

Post by I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT »

That board'll do the job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Walt said: When the hour is nigh & the lights are low & I got a toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth & my friends want to hear me play Into the Void or TNT or Cemetery Gates I plug my $600 guitar into my $150 amp and I am a Rawk gawd

Beef

Post by Beef »

Yeah, that could cover a lot of ground. Very nice.
Wu-Tang is for the children.

JSutter

Post by JSutter »

I'd add an expression pedal.

Vladimir Putin

Post by Vladimir Putin »

why not just use the hxfx as an all-in-one solution?
Ukraine? Mykraine

Marc G

Post by Marc G »

Vladimir Putin wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:45 pm why not just use the hxfx as an all-in-one solution?
its on my main board so taking it off would be a pain in the ass
I can't remember what my signature was..... I'm sure it was something interesting..... :quote:

Vladimir Putin

Post by Vladimir Putin »

Marc G wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:00 pm
Vladimir Putin wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:45 pm why not just use the hxfx as an all-in-one solution?
:lol:

Island man logic is flawless
Ukraine? Mykraine

Marc G

Post by Marc G »

Vladimir Putin wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:13 pm
Marc G wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:00 pm
:lol:

Island man logic is flawless
bruh.... that 3M dual lock is a bitch and a half to take off a board PLUS taking all the cables in and out.... fuck that.... mini board FTW lol