Boost for loop of tweaker 15

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
primeholy

Boost for loop of tweaker 15

Post by primeholy »

I’m going to start gigging my tweaker 15 and leave my mark v at the house, cause the tweaker is easier to transport. I’m looking for recommendations for a volume boost for the loop. What do y’all suggest?
fuck

Marc G

Re: Boost for loop of tweaker 15

Post by Marc G »

MXR Micro Amp worked well for me
I can't remember what my signature was..... I'm sure it was something interesting..... :quote:

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

I like the TC Spark Mini because it's really transparent. Micro Amp is good too.

But what I've been doing recently is I'm using delays with presets and an output control like the DD500 or the Flight Time.
I program a "rhythm" patch with a delay mixed low and unity gain, then a "lead" patch with more delay mixed in and a 2db boost. That allows me me to get a lead tone that's louder and wetter at the same time

heath

Post by heath »

If you want transparency, the Spark Mini is hard to beat. I find the Spark mini compresses less than the MXR microamp. If you want something that fattens up the lead tone then look at the Xotic EP booster. It adds volume but also mids while sweetening the highs which is just what I want when going from full chords to lead passages. It is my favorite loop boost for leads.

I have also had good results using an eq pedal as a reverse boost where I set the amp for my best possible lead tone then use the eq to reduce mids slightly and volume to help me duck into the mix more.

eyeball987

Post by eyeball987 »

Lot's of ways to skin this cat! Micro Amp and the Spark are good options, as is the EQ pedal. Currently, I am doing something similar to what Billy is doing. Set a lead patch on the DD-500 that has a 1db boost. The 1db does not bump the level much, but it is just enough for me to be heard better. Using Billy's 2db would push the lead further out front, but no one needs to hear my leads that well!

Marc G

Post by Marc G »

I found the spark mini adds a touch of top end and the MXR tends to be pretty neutral...... that being said the ability to do momentary activation with the spark mini is pretty cool
I can't remember what my signature was..... I'm sure it was something interesting..... :quote:

Vladimir Putin

Post by Vladimir Putin »

In Soviet Russia boost fucks you
Ukraine? Mykraine

primeholy

Post by primeholy »

Vladimir Putin wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:04 pm In Soviet Russia boost fucks you
Fuck
fuck

Vladimir Putin