NBD: An Unpopular Decision, To Be Sure

Talk about subjects not related to music or gear. Please keep discussions civil and follow the GGF rules of conduct at all times. Political and religious topics are not allowed.
andvari7

NBD: An Unpopular Decision, To Be Sure

Post by andvari7 »

Good evening,

Last year, I rode my mountain bike in Copper Harbor, MI, while my dad and brother rode their fat tire bikes. I had played with my dad’s bike, which fits me better than my brother’s, so I knew what I wanted.

I also hate the idea of having guitars and pedals sitting around, not being used regularly. I generally grab my Strandberg, my bass, or my acoustic, and my PRS, the guitar I had wanted since the age of twelve, was being ignored. I also had four clones of the Lovetone pedals, which I had sort of shelved, in favor of the Boss rig. Those Lovetone clones, and my PRS, were fodder for my bike. Today being Sunday, I had to deposit the check that GC gave me online, and it won’t hit my account until Tuesday, at the latest. I’ll make sure everything is squared away by then.

I am feeling surprisingly little regret over my decision, and I am hoping that this will be a good season for the bike. Unfortunately, I was planning a trip to an indoor mountain bike park, in a cave, in Louisville, only to learn that it had shut down in 2019.

I’m fully expecting you all to pillory my happy ass.

Thank you.

Yarbicus

Re: NBD: An Unpopular Decision, To Be Sure

Post by Yarbicus »

No judgement. Your money to spend on what makes you happy.

macaronisalad

Post by macaronisalad »

How did you like Copper Harbor? I’ve been thinking about a trip to check it out.
The artist formerly known as macaronisalad.

andvari7

Post by andvari7 »

macaronisalad wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:23 am How did you like Copper Harbor? I’ve been thinking about a trip to check it out.
Go there. It was a blast. We rented an Airbnb, which was still about a half-hour away, but there might be some closer options. There is a local bike shop, that also has a van service to take your party and bikes up to the top.

Dave

Post by Dave »

You gave up one bad decision for another. Net neutral level of fail here so