Let's talk about Destroyers

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Re: Let's talk about Destroyers

Post by Guitarbilly »

Yeah any Gibson/Fender style can probably be considered grandpa territory at this point. I guess Strandbergs etc would be the current generation metal guitars now...

shit my son is turning 24 this year and he's been with his girl for 3 years. I am one pullout fail from becoming a grandpa myself :lol:

jiveturkey

Post by jiveturkey »

I always wanted one of the Ibby DTT700 guitars. D-Activator-X pickups and finish always spoke to me! \m/

brutalgroove

Post by brutalgroove »

DFGrueban wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:02 am I like the look of the Schecter E-1 but have never played one so they could be complete trash.
Same. I also cannot get over that headstock. The reverse version looks okay, but they only offer that on 1 model

Destroyers tho'...hell yes. I very much wish Ibanez would do a production run of the custom shop 7 string reverse headstock Destroyer they put together for Vogg (from Decapitated). I could not reach for ye olde credit card fast enough.
HD147
Super Crush 100
RG100es
G-Flex 2X12
Randall 4X12
VHT 4X12
Electric Geetars - several
Acoustics - 1
Bass - 1

zozobra

Post by zozobra »

Brb: going to buy a strandberg and get my face tattooed.

Riffraff

Post by Riffraff »

My first good guitar was a '81 Destroyer II. I loved that guitar and held on to it for over 30 years. My biggest gear regret is selling that guitar. I replaced the super 70's p/u's with a '59 neck & Custom Custom bridge after the stock neck pup died.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

^^^^ now we're talking!!! :love:
That's beautiful man

The Schecter E-1 is a great guitar.

The Jackson Phil Demmel signature is great too. I actually had one briefly but that particular one had a neck issue so I returned it. But I'd love to get another.

greatmutah

Post by greatmutah »

And now I have Destroyer GAS. Thanks guys.
More guitars than anyone could need
—————
Metropoulos Metroplex Mk I
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Orange Rockerverb 50 Mk III
Peavey 5150
Fender 1976 Vibrolux Reverb
—————
Marshall 1960A G12M25 Greenbacks
Metropoulos Slant 2x12 G12H75 Creambacks.

thermionic geek

Post by thermionic geek »

I have lusted for a Destroyer like the ones Dave Murray and Adrian Smith played in the Maiden videos for a long time, but prices are prices and its lust not love. Similar but not the same, Last year I got an Iron Label Iceman 7 string it has kind of calmed down the pseudo explorer gas.

Caulk Rocket

Post by Caulk Rocket »

I'm going to do a mini Destroyer project, since the actual models Ibanez did were entry level guitars to begin with.