2024 Gear Goals!

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
trey85stang2

2024 Gear Goals!

Post by trey85stang2 »

What are your plans? Offing stuff to buy new stuff? Keeping everything buying more? Not buying wanting?

I’m going to off a bit Imive decided on the kenper pedal when it is available. And soon this month or next I’m going to pick up a Taylor 114 or 214!

greatmutah

Re: 2024 Gear Goals!

Post by greatmutah »

No major goals for gear. Maybe something at EQD Day because im sure ill go again. My main motivation has been to actually practice lately. And I think I’m making good on that. I got my KH-602 and there’s other guitars I want for sure, eventually. But a lot of this year is gonna be focusing on home improvements too. New concrete out front, possibly concrete lifting in the back and replacing our main drain line to the sewer with one that has a backflow stop/check valve. We spent a lot of money fixing our basement 3 years after the 2018 flood to lose the bottom half of it with last year. So as much as I’d love to be plotting yet another extravagant purchase, I can’t.
More guitars than anyone could need
—————
Metropoulos Metroplex Mk I
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Orange Rockerverb 50 Mk III
Peavey 5150
Fender 1976 Vibrolux Reverb
—————
Marshall 1960A G12M25 Greenbacks
Metropoulos Slant 2x12 G12H75 Creambacks.

macaronisalad

Post by macaronisalad »

I had some plans, but our UV filter for our water kicked the bucket last night, and that is gonna set me back a bit. I kind of want to grab a UAFX Lion just to run into my monitors at home so I'm not running my amp like crazy to play at 0 volume haha
The artist formerly known as macaronisalad.

sahlomonic

Post by sahlomonic »

Over the past year I've been buying quite a few DOA amps for cheap that I've repaired, and I'm at a point I need to cash in. Problem is, some of those amps I really want to keep, like a 2009 DSL with Classic Tone iron, and a Peavey Ultra Plus 120. Earlier this week I got a Crate BV60 (power tube board had failed solder joints) and a JBL loaded Seismic 1x12 cab for $50 :eek:

My only real goal is getting a Bogner 101b. I have an XTC 3534, and while it's a damn good sounding amp, I just don't find it that close to a 101b. Probably will sell that as well. Pretty sure I can flip all of those amps to swing the 101b and still have some $$ left over.

Fryette Power Station has been on my radar ever since I got a Kemper rack a few months ago, and I can use the PS for all of my other amps as well.

Long term goal is building an amp from scratch. I've repaired and modded dozens but have never really taken the plunge of a full build.

eyeball987

Post by eyeball987 »

I went on a bit of a gear terror over the past 5 years. New rabbit holes, continuation of some old rabbit holes, etc... Sold a bunch of stuff and simplified about a year ago and now have kept things quite low key. My plan is to keep it that way, but this is also the time of year that I really get the itch to pick up something nice.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

I don't have a lot of gear goals for this year, oddly enough. The 2203 with the Hot Mod killed my amp GAS for the immediate future. I'd like the get a Mesa 50 Caliber but they're all overpriced so I probably won't.

I want to get a second SG since I've been playing mine a lot. Other than that, idk.

But NAMM starts today so that could change quick :lol:

trey85stang2

Post by trey85stang2 »

sahlomonic wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:32 pm Over the past year I've been buying quite a few DOA amps for cheap that I've repaired, and I'm at a point I need to cash in. Problem is, some of those amps I really want to keep, like a 2009 DSL with Classic Tone iron, and a Peavey Ultra Plus 120. Earlier this week I got a Crate BV60 (power tube board had failed solder joints) and a JBL loaded Seismic 1x12 cab for $50 :eek:

My only real goal is getting a Bogner 101b. I have an XTC 3534, and while it's a damn good sounding amp, I just don't find it that close to a 101b. Probably will sell that as well. Pretty sure I can flip all of those amps to swing the 101b and still have some $$ left over.

Fryette Power Station has been on my radar ever since I got a Kemper rack a few months ago, and I can use the PS for all of my other amps as well.

Long term goal is building an amp from scratch. I've repaired and modded dozens but have never really taken the plunge of a full build.

I did the buy broken amp things for a while about 10 years ago. Its amazing how easy some are to fix. I think my best flip was a Fender Pro Jr for $25, that i resold for $300. The main wires to the board both had broken solder joints and boom back in business.

andvari7

Post by andvari7 »

I want to get a dedicated room, in a dedicated house, to run my gear as it was meant to be run. That’s my big gear goal.

My dream is to get Heiko Hoepfinger to make multiscale, EndurNeck Basslab guitars and basses, with headless, titanium trems, but that is not likely to happen.

sahlomonic

Post by sahlomonic »

trey85stang2 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:19 pm
sahlomonic wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:32 pm Over the past year I've been buying quite a few DOA amps for cheap that I've repaired, and I'm at a point I need to cash in. Problem is, some of those amps I really want to keep, like a 2009 DSL with Classic Tone iron, and a Peavey Ultra Plus 120. Earlier this week I got a Crate BV60 (power tube board had failed solder joints) and a JBL loaded Seismic 1x12 cab for $50 :eek:

I did the buy broken amp things for a while about 10 years ago. Its amazing how easy some are to fix. I think my best flip was a Fender Pro Jr for $25, that i resold for $300. The main wires to the board both had broken solder joints and boom back in business.
My best scores were a 2x12 combo for $50 that just had one lead slip off the speaker, and a Peavey Ultra Plus 120 head I got for free that just needed some light repair on the power tube board.

RaceU4her

Post by RaceU4her »

my goal is to not buy anything lol