Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
My project studio rack project, what is it lacking? 
Hall of Fame Member

Right now I have a 1u Focusrite Clarret 18/20 Thunderbolt, and a 2u Joe Meek Compressor, as well an Empress Studio Compressor pedal for when I want a different flavor, and a 1/2u M-Audio 2 channel mic preamp. I was thinking about getting a 4u rack to leave a space above the interface for heat dissipation, but is there anything else I really need I will r egret not having available in hardware form vs plug-ins? If you had max $600 what would you add to that to fit in a 6u rack?

Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:31 am
Crystal Lettucer

A high end Mic pre like a API 512 or 312 or BAE Something you can always rely on. , Nothing too colorful as they tend to have more specific uses and you have the Meek already. But that’ll be more than 600 beans.

“I cannot be arsed with this right now”
― MISTER NOBODY™

"Stand up for what you believe in even if you are standing alone"
― Sophie Scholl

Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:43 am
Hall of Fame Member

fretless wrote:
. But that’ll be more than 600 beans.

Should I be scared, or just bend over, bite my lip, and take it like a man?

Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:36 pm
Hall of Fame Member

So yeah ofcourse this happens, just a wee bit little more than 600 beans. :facepalm:

I don't know if I love you or hate you, but I know now for sure that I should never go to the strip club with you. Which obviously means it will happen for sure.

Because, fuck you I won't do what you tell me! ;)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:09 am
Crystal Lettucer

You are set for life my man. My philosophy is use the best gear possible so you know any shortcomings hereafter is not gear related.
I can’t wait to hear this thang. Congratulations you just eliminated shity gear syndrome.

― MISTER NOBODY™

― Sophie Scholl

Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:21 am
Hall of Fame Member

fretless wrote:
You are set for life my man. My philosophy is use the best gear possible so you know any shortcomings hereafter is not gear related.
I can’t wait to hear this thang. Congratulations you just eliminated shity gear syndrome.

Hahaha, I kinda thought I did that with twin 4 bottle Hiwatts, the mix of Custom Shop and vintage Gibsons, and seven 4x12's, each loaded with different sets of vintage unobtanium speakers and bevy of top builders takes on the 3 Transistor Tone Benders.

But if this is what finally earns your blessing, so be it.

Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:38 pm
Hall of Fame Member

Oh, and cannot forget Dr Z Z-Verb, and Fulltone TTE. ;)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:05 pm
Crystal Lettucer

Mmmm Fuck yeah ! Yeah man that pre will go the distance. Time to start tracking! Enjoy

― MISTER NOBODY™

― Sophie Scholl

Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]