Reply to topic  [ 4618 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 181, 182, 183, 184, 185  Next
TV is a dumb waste of time 
Crystal Lettucer

Enjoy Fellas. Forgot to mention shrooms but glad to hear it’s holding up !

“I cannot be arsed with this right now”
― MISTER NOBODY™

"Stand up for what you believe in even if you are standing alone"
― Sophie Scholl

Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:18 pm
Hall of Fame Member

BroSlinger wrote:
The woodstock 99 doc on netflix was pretty riveting. Im guessing the nda everyone signed expired a couple of years ago.

Is it like the recent HBO one where moby and the festival promoters just conveniently blame Fred Durst for all of their fuck ups and gross negligence?

Amps: ENGL Thunder | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | Marshall JVM 210H | Rivera 4x12 | Marshall 1960 4x12 | Madison 2x12

Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:36 am
Hall of Fame Member

spawnofthesith wrote:
BroSlinger wrote:
The woodstock 99 doc on netflix was pretty riveting. Im guessing the nda everyone signed expired a couple of years ago.

Is it like the recent HBO one where moby and the festival promoters just conveniently blame Fred Durst for all of their fuck ups and gross negligence?

I watched this last night. John Scher is still trying to blame Fred Durst for everything. Did Fred outsource the food and water? Did Fred set their prices? Did Fred outsource sanitation? Did Fred select the location? Did Fred understaff security? Did Fred understaff medical? Did Fred hand out 100,000 candles despite being told it was a bad idea? John Scher is someone who desperately needs to be repeatedly punched in the face until he gets it. Michael Lang, to me, seems like someone whose mom wiped his butt until he was 23. He is convinced everything will come up rosey, without ever actually doing anything to make it so.

Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:01 am
Crystal Lettucer

My wife hated sandman. Probably not going to happen here.

Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:28 pm
Hall of Fame Member

I'm 8 episodes down on Sandman. The first 5 were pretty good. The last 3 have been painfully bad.

Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:30 am
Crystal Lettucer

I've heard elsewhere that Sandman goes from epic to utter shit in the last few episodes. I'll probably just bow out. I get very limited leeway when it comes to bizarre shit my wife will let us watch, and I don't like to push it on things I know turn out badly.

Better Call Saul is getting... hmm. Not sure how to put it. I mean, there weren't many 'good' options for this story to go down, but I'd hate to see it go full-blown predictable bullshit like it seems to be heading for right now. What made Breaking Bad so good was you never really knew what was going to happen next. And while in the aggregate you knew a general direction for Better Call Saul, the "future" (i.e. Gene) was open ended. They could have played with expectations a little there, not just slapped us on the face with them repeatedly.

Hopefully I'm wrong and they pull it out. While it's still masterfully shot and told, the plot's getting predictidumb on the level of most any other show. Which is hugely disappointing.

Jackson Pro WR7 Warrior 7 string, Schecter Banshee 8 Passive, Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster, Jackson JS32T King V, Jackson JS1 Minion Rhoads V, Agile Hornet 825 King V style, Agile 3100 LP-alike, Ibanez SGR 506 Bass Guitar

Amps/cabs
Peavey Studio Pro 112, Marshall DSL20CR x 2, Boss Katana, Mesa widebody 1x12 ported cab, Orange Terror Stamp, AMT Tubecake 1.5 Watt

Helix Rack, Behringer VAmp

Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:01 am
Profile YIM
Crystal Lettucer

Just started S5 of Sopranos. Still rolling along nicely. Buscemi is in this season. Interested to see what he brings to the table.

Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:03 am
Crystal Lettucer

Ry Manchu wrote:
spawnofthesith wrote:
BroSlinger wrote:

I watched this last night. John Scher is still trying to blame Fred Durst for everything. Did Fred outsource the food and water? Did Fred set their prices? Did Fred outsource sanitation? Did Fred select the location? Did Fred understaff security? Did Fred understaff medical? Did Fred hand out 100,000 candles despite being told it was a bad idea? John Scher is someone who desperately needs to be repeatedly punched in the face until he gets it. Michael Lang, to me, seems like someone whose mom wiped his butt until he was 23. He is convinced everything will come up rosey, without ever actually doing anything to make it so.

Agreed.

Don't expect peace and love when you book a bunch of rollerblading nu metal bands at a military base with no water and no sanitation in the middle of summer, then proceed to hand out 100,000 candles and lighters.

I'm kind of glad they trashed the place.

John Scher is complete piece of shit.

Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:16 am
Site Moderator

Finished Sandman. I loved it, but I’ve read the comic series about 100 times over the years. There is a huge shift in focus and tone going from the preludes and nocturnes stuff to the Doll’s House. I thought it was done well but I get why some folks would drop off.

NinjaRaf wrote:
6505 is 100% balls to the fucking walls low end and aggression. It is FUCKING PISSED. Like an 18 year old angry at the world.
+ is a bit less angry, like maybe a 35 year old man angry.

TurboPablo wrote:
STOP FAT SHAMING LES PAUL'S. BE MORE INCLUSIVE.

I have a lot of guitars. Let's just put it that way.
Metropoulos Metro-Plex
Egnater Seminar Boutikit 50 Watt Head
Crate GX-130C
Line 6 Helix LT 1000101010100001010101010101
Metropoulos Slant 2x12 w/ Creamback H75s
Marshall 1960A w/ Greenbacks
My Band's Music Page: https://www.reverbnation.com/zerobelowphoenix

Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:27 am
Crystal Lettucer

New season of Primal is fucking awesome \m/

Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:42 am
Crystal Lettucer

In the first half of S6 of Sopranos. I have to say; I have never been a fan of dream sequences. And this show is ABSOLUTELY no different in that regard. A LOT of these first 3(4?) episodes are completely unnecessary. I am interested to see how it all shakes out. I know the eventual shakeout; but how things get to there.

Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:06 am
Hall of Fame Member

Almost Fly - 3 episodes in, I really like this show. Set in 1990 West Germany in a small town right after the fall of the Berlin wall, 3 nerdy high school kids hear hip hop from the local US base for the first time and it changes their lives and they set out to become rappers.

Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:40 am
Crystal Lettucer

rock flag and eagle wrote:
Almost Fly - 3 episodes in, I really like this show. Set in 1990 West Germany in a small town right after the fall of the Berlin wall, 3 nerdy high school kids hear hip hop from the local US base for the first time and it changes their lives and they set out to become rappers.

^I saw this. Looks funny. Depending on how well the German portion translates in the humor department.

Started watching This Fool on Hulu. Dude gets out of prison and starts working with his cousin for a cupcake bakery non-profit. Funny af! Kind of a for fans of The Last OG type of thing. Few episodes in and it is a crackup.

Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:46 am
Hall of Fame Member

JiveTurkey wrote:
In the first half of S6 of Sopranos. I have to say; I have never been a fan of dream sequences. And this show is ABSOLUTELY no different in that regard. A LOT of these first 3(4?) episodes are completely unnecessary. I am interested to see how it all shakes out. I know the eventual shakeout; but how things get to there.

I'm with you. S4 is one of the greatest ever. S5 is a slow downhill slide. S6 is subterranean, only saved by a great cast.

Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:28 am
Crystal Lettucer

Ry Manchu wrote:
JiveTurkey wrote:

I'm with you. S4 is one of the greatest ever. S5 is a slow downhill slide. S6 is subterranean, only saved by a great cast.

We are close to the end of 6A. It's rolling a long a bit better now. The cast is great certainly. Listening to Gandolfini speak as Kevin Finerty earlier on was actually super funny to hear without the exaggerated accent. We watched a short doc on him on YT last night after a few episodes and he really was admired by his cast mates on pretty much everything he was ever in.

Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:07 am
Crystal Lettucer

AJ Soprano is the worst fucking character in almost any show I've otherwise loved ever. Bad actor, dumb portrayal with a terrible storyline.

Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:34 pm
Hall of Fame Member

I'd go with Claire Danes on Homeland, Jennifer Carpenter on Dexter, January Jones on Mad Men, Screech, Dawson on Dawson's Creek, Scrappy Doo, Miranda on Sex & The City, Rory Gilmore on the Gilmore Girls, Julie on Friday Night Lights, Skyler White on Breaking Bad, Lea Michelle on Glee, Cousin Oliver on the Brady Bunch, Sam on Different Strokes, the Great Gazoo, Ralph Macchio on Cobra Kai, Anne Hathaway on WeCrashed, Urkel, Diane on Cheers, Bran Stark on Game of Thrones, Ben on Lost, Archie the comic character, Larry and Balki on Perfect Strangers, Brenda from Six Feet Under, Fran Dresher in everything, Joey Russo in everything, Katherine Heigl in everything, Meth Damon in everything, and finally Shannon Doherty in everything. Then AJ Soprano.

Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:44 am
Crystal Lettucer

Ry Manchu wrote:
I'd go with Claire Danes on Homeland, Jennifer Carpenter on Dexter, January Jones on Mad Men, Screech, Dawson on Dawson's Creek, Scrappy Doo, Miranda on Sex & The City, Rory Gilmore on the Gilmore Girls, Julie on Friday Night Lights, Skyler White on Breaking Bad, Lea Michelle on Glee, Cousin Oliver on the Brady Bunch, Sam on Different Strokes, the Great Gazoo, Ralph Macchio on Cobra Kai, Anne Hathaway on WeCrashed, Urkel, Diane on Cheers, Bran Stark on Game of Thrones, Ben on Lost, Archie the comic character, Larry and Balki on Perfect Strangers, Brenda from Six Feet Under, Fran Dresher in everything, Joey Russo in everything, Katherine Heigl in everything, Meth Damon in everything, and finally Shannon Doherty in everything. Then AJ Soprano.

You watch too much TV :cop: :lol:

Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:02 am
Crystal Lettucer

Ry Manchu wrote:

Dude, julie on fnl was the fuckin worst.

Even worse than claire danes, skylar white, betty draper, etc.

Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:43 pm
Crystal Lettucer

Umbrella Academy was tough at first, but lord did it come alive mid season one and then never stop. Luther is the best. Doesn't matter what's happening, he's so happy. I love that they twisted the strong-man stereotype so thoroughly with him.

Klaus is pretty cool too though. His greeting to "God" (if it is). "Oh. You again." LOL.

Alt-Dad is pretty funny too. I don't know. It's one of the few shows to really walk the line on drama/comedy and never seems to miss.

I'm sad how long it took me to piece together that the chick Diego met in the psyche ward was on Legacies. And we just finished that. :facepalm:

Jackson Pro WR7 Warrior 7 string, Schecter Banshee 8 Passive, Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster, Jackson JS32T King V, Jackson JS1 Minion Rhoads V, Agile Hornet 825 King V style, Agile 3100 LP-alike, Ibanez SGR 506 Bass Guitar

Amps/cabs
Peavey Studio Pro 112, Marshall DSL20CR x 2, Boss Katana, Mesa widebody 1x12 ported cab, Orange Terror Stamp, AMT Tubecake 1.5 Watt

Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:53 pm
Profile YIM
Hall of Fame Member

The Last Kingdom on Netflix is really entertaining. 9th century Saxons and Vikings. Lots of great characters, somehow scratches the Game of Thrones itch. I’ve had a hard time getting into the new season 5 stuff.

Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:43 am
Hall of Fame Member

I mean... The first episode of House of the Dragon was pretty fucking awesome for an intro episode. I read the book. i know what happens and what happened before. It's not as dynamic a story as ASOIAF, but it's a completed book and they have actual show runners who are fans of the books. And... you know... lot's of dragons right off the bat.

My metal band, Contrarian

Buy my Signature Mason BG Hellabucker

Friedman BE100 :shake:
Marshall JCM800 1987
Helix Floor

Happily endorsed by ESP Guitars and BG Pickups
Also, lot's of Charvel's and Fender's on hand

Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:20 am
Hall of Fame Member

Oh wow I am out of the loop, I didn’t even know he had written these offshoot books like Fire & Blood.

I haven’t seen the episode nor do I have HBO at the moment but it’s uplifting to hear that it’s good so far. Like a lot of people I soured on the series after being obsessed with it back in the day.

At any rate, The Last Kingdom is still worth watching because it’s well written and cohesive and loosely based on real characters. Plus sex, violence, and political intrigue.

Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:41 am
Hall of Fame Member

Meelosh wrote:
Oh wow I am out of the loop, I didn’t even know he had written these offshoot books like Fire & Blood.

I haven’t seen the episode nor do I have HBO at the moment but it’s uplifting to hear that it’s good so far. Like a lot of people I soured on the series after being obsessed with it back in the day.

At any rate, The Last Kingdom is still worth watching because it’s well written and cohesive and loosely based on real characters. Plus sex, violence, and political intrigue.

I may check out The Last Kingdom. I keep hearing about it.

Yeah. GoT got way dumb somewhere around S5, when they ran out of source material. Starting with them screwing up Dorne (which had source material) and it just got worse from there. There were still some fantastic episodes in those last 3 seasons, but the story itself suffered. We don't have to worry about that with HOTD. It's all written out and I think it may end up a better show than GoT.

They are starting HOTD about halfway through in the book. The book starts with Aegon's Conquest into Westeros. HOTD starts roughly 100 years after that. They talk about it some in the show, and it's rumored that once this story is done in 3 or 4 seasons, they will go back and touch on that section of the book which is very interesting stuff.

/nerd

My metal band, Contrarian

Buy my Signature Mason BG Hellabucker

Friedman BE100 :shake:
Marshall JCM800 1987
Helix Floor

Happily endorsed by ESP Guitars and BG Pickups
Also, lot's of Charvel's and Fender's on hand

Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:48 am
Crystal Lettucer

I had a whole rant going about HOTD, but fuck it. HBO is currently trying to figure out how to cram more of its head up its own ass. Considering what happened when they were at peak with GoT? I hold zero faith they'll keep the quality up on HOTD, and if they do, the new management team will probably cancel it on a cliffhanger season finale just because they are feeling great about saying "fuck you" to the people that pay the bills.

AT&T HBO = Syphilis
WB HBO = Syphilis + Aids + Wet Farts just to add insult to injury

Last Kingdom is pretty good. It gets a little weird as it rolls on, but what show including Vikings as one of the main cast drivers doesn't get weird?

Amps/cabs

Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:27 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 4618 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 181, 182, 183, 184, 185  Next